• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTribbleFWB

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    View attachment 141297 This guy is impersonating a LEO and took me for half the money I was able to spend for my fathers Christmas gift. WARNING

Attachments

• 50B8692D-054D-451F-A0E8-548FB438F200.png
      50B8692D-054D-451F-A0E8-548FB438F200.png
      601.2 KB · Views: 161
    • 953A362C-96A6-467A-BEFD-8254149C203E.png
      953A362C-96A6-467A-BEFD-8254149C203E.png
      1.7 MB · Views: 167
    • ECECC59C-46F3-4DF9-8DA7-F082B26F9AA1.png
      ECECC59C-46F3-4DF9-8DA7-F082B26F9AA1.png
      624.7 KB · Views: 161
    • FE3BAE4E-1B26-47B3-B733-4568CD081095.png
      FE3BAE4E-1B26-47B3-B733-4568CD081095.png
      572.5 KB · Views: 124
    • FAA0E0C9-5A99-474A-AC7D-D01C831C1C7B.png
      FAA0E0C9-5A99-474A-AC7D-D01C831C1C7B.png
      1.3 MB · Views: 124
    • 1C13C30E-C917-490F-BA6A-8C80A1FCC55D.png
      1C13C30E-C917-490F-BA6A-8C80A1FCC55D.png
      550.3 KB · Views: 120

socalpig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Probably scammed the Leo for copy of creds. Phone number is an IP out of Sacramento (meaning they made up an internet number, ie google voice) and all emails are unregistered. Likely created on the fly to obtain funds. Hope you try to file something so it can be pursued. Good luck.

JTribbleFWB

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Probably scammed the Leo for copy of creds. Phone number is an IP out of Sacramento (meaning they made up an internet number, ie google voice) and all emails are unregistered. Likely created on the fly to obtain funds. Hope you try to file something so it can be pursued. Good luck.
    This guy is the actual guy in driver’s license, Fayette County Tennessee sheriffs department has stated that he already has had a fake badge removed and they are looking for him for questioning, etc. The guy is real, driver’s license is real, badge is fake

JTribbleFWB

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As far as we know, he's not a member here, but be on the lookout for this guy.
    It needs to be known that this predator got my phone number from this site and I simply want others to familiarize themselves with the data, names, and images, so they don’t get taken. Truth is the site has been compromised, in some form, and everyone needs to be aware of the potential of scams. Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and communications. Now let’s come together and help prevent other problems. Looking out for each other and sharing knowledge and information is a great thing.

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well, yes definitely be on the lookout for this guy or others who try such ridiculous schemes. In reading those screenshots , about a half dozen red flags went up with me and I would’ve just walked away from that. I’m sorry that you didn’t and the man stole your money but we have to be more careful about what we fall for. Everytime I post a WTB item, you get stupid responses with an email and guy saying his stepfather’s brothers sisters nieces uncles nephew has one of those and you should reach out to him. I don’t even respond to those. I wish you good luck getting your money back…

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    scam artists, computer hackers, and other assorted faceless scumbags who are caught, should be jailed in a room with no windows, and beaten with a cat o nine tails and sodomized daily...

especially those who prey on the elderly.

44Ruger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It needs to be known that this predator got my phone number from this site and I simply want others to familiarize themselves with the data, names, and images, so they don’t get taken. Truth is the site has been compromised, in some form, and everyone needs to be aware of the potential of scams. Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and communications. Now let’s come together and help prevent other problems. Looking out for each other and sharing knowledge and information is a great thing.
    I'm not so sure the site is compromised but so many sure don't know how the site works.

I'd suggest never send a public profile post with much info in it. Two clicks get you to too much info. I doubt most realize this. Always start a conversation with a member.

Please note, the below is available to the public. You can click this even if you aren't a logged in member. Try it in an incognito window in Chrome.

Click, What's New, then, new profile posts. Here it is:

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Well, yes definitely be on the lookout for this guy or others who try such ridiculous schemes. In reading those screenshots , about a half dozen red flags went up with me and I would’ve just walked away from that. I’m sorry that you didn’t and the man stole your money but we have to be more careful about what we fall for. Everytime I post a WTB item, you get stupid responses with an email and guy saying his stepfather’s brothers sisters nieces uncles nephew has one of those and you should reach out to him. I don’t even respond to those. I wish you good luck getting your money back…
    Yes, and there is good info on this thread as well

Please don't put your phone numbers out on the open forum.
    There is a built in system called conversations / Private messages on this site. Please use that instead of posting phone numbers and email addresses on the public portions of the forum. :)

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Google Maps street view of the address on the driver's license (85 Lewis Fairway Circle, Oakland, TN). Maybe he's in the Witness Protection Program.:rolleyes:

Lewis Fairway.jpg

pcolapaddler

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there any recourse with the pay processor?
    GPay, PayPal, etc?

This stinks. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from a handheld tracking device on a remote body of water in SE Alabama.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Seems that I read somewhere that anyone can have their address blurred on google maps, but I don't recall where I saw it.

Home is visible on zillow.com click Zillow

JTribbleFWB

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there any recourse with the pay processor?
    GPay, PayPal, etc?

This stinks. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from a handheld tracking device on a remote body of water in SE Alabama.
    I requested a dispute from Google Pay was told that I had to contact vendor, who’s phone is now disconnected. I disputed it with Credit Union and they are investigating it, but said that since I knowingly gave me banking information to Google Pay, that I might not be able to get money back. Live and learn brother

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    When I'm sale' ing I have them to come to me and try it out before they pay, and we are face to face. If i'm buying I will go face to face , have had a few things that have had to work on. Must ad meant I tried to offer les to from member the of day when he got here but he he catch me and wouldn't yet me get away with it. So had to pay up. Must be why I didn't get a good report. just my 2 cents jj

Top Bottom