• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sureicanfish

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have an old mkii, not a looker by any means. it's as accurate as any mkii and a fun range gun. The last trip out my wife was blasting away and said the trigger didn't feel right, it was hard to squeeze, I checked it and the dang thing was broke in half! One touch and it fell right off. So now it needs a trigger which I hear is a pain to change, but I'm curious if a barrel swap (from short tapered to 5.5" bull) would be something worth doing? Would it be cheaper to just buy another mkii?

avtech850

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can buy just the uppers in any configuration you can dream of from a number of retailers. Midway and Brownells both carry them.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The trigger in a MkII is not really that difficult to change. I put a Volquartsen in mine and would highly recommend you doing the same. Midway has them in stock. You can buy just the trigger or the whole accurizing kit.

Idoono

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    From what I understand, the barrel and upper are considered a single piece by ruger, and I've never heard of anyone ever successfully changing a barrel. Even the integral suppressor jobs, as far as I know, require you to send in the whole upper as a unit. If it were me, I'd use the excuse to try and buy a new pistol, either the bull barrel or maybe the fluted barrel.

I'll second idoono on the volquartsen, the trigger in my mkii is heavier and grittier than even the single action in my Bulgarian makarov. It hasn't made me miss a critter yet, but if I were in your boat i would use the excuse to upgrade the trigger.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a ruger American compact in 308cal. , is there any trigger upgrades for it? Is this rifle similar to the gunsite 2 ? Denny in pace!!

Top Bottom