• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hinote

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Blame this on Gutenberg. Without the Torah what is the relevance of the Bible? Yet without the Roman Catholic Church would we have all the other Christian Denominations? So all this reverts back to Mosaic Law, yet we could submit to Sharia Law? But the last conflict we attended had something to due with this. When do we stop killing each other over perceived religious beliefs? Maybe someday folks that really want to live in peace will stop glorifying Martyrs for whatever cause. Religious beliefs have killed more people than anything else in History. Yet as educated as we are nowadays, it hasn't changed. SAD!
    I'm a non denominational Christian. I believe God made us, Jesus made us free, and John Moses Browning kept us free.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a non denominational Christian. I believe God made us, Jesus made us free, and John Moses Browning kept us free.
    Well since man wasn't supposed to speak Gods name, yet Christianity came late to the party, and Sam Colt predated John Browning, I'm of the opinion that you have got some of history the wrong way round. JMHO YMMV. But since revisionist history is all the rage nowadays, perhaps you are correct? So I'll stand corrected, but I believe that chronologically I am on solid ground???

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don’t agree with everything Ron D does but with the huge increase is antisemitism, there likely was pressure to do this! As for Gab, they have some interesting stuff, however I’ve noticed a clear and consistent anti-Jewish theme over the years! Also, like many groups today, some of their theology is, well, it’s just wrong! Send the hate!

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don’t agree with everything Ron D does but with the huge increase is antisemitism, there likely was pressure to do this! As for Gab, they have some interesting stuff, however I’ve noticed a clear and consistent anti-Jewish theme over the years! Also, like many groups today, some of their theology is, well, it’s just wrong! Send the hate!
    Perhaps we need to converse about that antisemitism? I'm of the opinion that it peaked prior to the formation of Israel. But since the Hebrews had no Home prior to Mosses, and they took the Promised Land by force, what better place is there to declare laws enacting religious based censorship? Just how righteous is putting everyone & everything opposed to your religious belief to the sword?

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ….and he signs a Florida state bill on a foreign land to persecute Americans for the foreign land and Americans still swing on his dick not batting an eye lol nothing to see here. Carry on.
    Ron D is now attempting to forge himself as The Savior of the Religious White Right. Since bashing Bible carrying White Folks is the current state of the union, and aligning yourself in the center of the mainstream has proven to be political suicide, it's become a sorry state of affairs politically. But since the founding fathers of this country were the OPPRESSED CRIMINALS of their day, what are we supposed to think that their principals of government rule would eventually determine? It's a great country, but the far left has and shall always be the politically favored party by design. Progress is just a preconceived and designed part of the Founding Fathers Vision. Get used to or over it! Revolt against the accepted norm and the options of the majority is what this country was conceived by the Forefathers to be. We are currently facing the concept of what was intentionally designed into OUR system of Government was based upon. JMHO YMMV!

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anti-semetism? Really?? That's a top issue in this country??? C'mon....

Constitutionally, yeah, it matters, all men are created equal (preamble to bill of rights) and congress shall make no law regarding religion, or the exercise thereof, something, something (1st amendment).

Average guy translation, it's either all religions, or no religions. A middle ground, or overt preference would be discrimination (14th amendment, section 1). Hey, I didn't write the Constitution, nor did I amend it, or even agree with some amendments, but... I'm not a smart man Genny, but I know what the Constitution says.

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Perhaps we need to converse about that antisemitism?
    How does antisemitism compare to anti-Christianity in the US in 2023? How about anti-white (white European?) rhetoric and bias in 2023 American institutions, government and non government both? Where are the protections for the monolithic group that's typically referred to as white? Are these special protections really necessary for any specific group in the US in 2023? Why do we need to protect people from words to such an extent? Seems like politics and social engineering at my expense.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How does antisemitism compare to anti-Christianity in the US in 2023? How about anti-white (white European?) rhetoric and bias in 2023 American institutions, government and non government both? Where are the protections for the monolithic group that's typically referred to as white? Are these special protections really necessary for any specific group in the US in 2023? Why do we need to protect people from words to such an extent? Seems like politics and social engineering at my expense.
    Anti__________ fill in the blank, and it's popular news nowadays, as long as it isn't pro Caucasian. But antisemitism in the 30s & 40s? Millions suffered and died during a systematic attempt at extermination. Is Israel the price the World pays for turning a blind eye? Is that social engineering on a global scale? So if Ron D wants to sign Florida's Social Engineering laws in the land that was Socially engineered on a Global Scale perhaps it's fitting? Why do we need to protect people from words? Because words lead to actions. Actions like crusades, inquisitions, ethnic cleansing, and every other form of hate crime. But like Smokey the Bear only you can prevent hate crimes. Laws without Good people to enact them won't change anything. But at least laws can be enacted to determine what our children shall be taught institutionally. With the current trend of the cancel culture perhaps it's time to make laws that allow the majority of people in this country protection because they are the majority?????

gunsrfun1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow. I've always liked this forum for the interesting discussions about guns. Then I read this thread, and now I'm not so sure.

For you Jew-haters who have posted, let me point out a few facts, whether you like them or not:

1) The bill DeSantis signed is very specific as to prohibited speech. It is not a blanket ban on free speech, as some of you seem to think. I encourage you to either read the bill itself (which I am sure most of you haven't) or simply read post #9, which is a pretty good summary of the bill.
    Some of you remind me of the left-wing folks who opposed his Parental Rights in Education Act on teaching sex ed to elementary school kids. They kept calling it the "Don't Say Gay" bill, when in fact, the word "gay" is not even mentioned in that bill. Like some of you, most of them never actually read the bill itself. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.
    2) I have yet to hear from any Jews or Jewish organizations asking for special treatment of any sort. We just want to be left alone and not harassed. I wouldn't consider that special treatment. You can hate me all you want; just leave me and my fellow Jews alone.
    3) Like it or not, Israel is, and has been for the past 75 years, the only real friend and ally the U.S. has in the Middle East. Every other country over there has been lukewarm in supporting us at best, or has f----d us over left and right, with nothing for us to show for it. And if you don't think the U.S. needs friends and allies overseas, then you're living in a cave.
    Oh, and the number of U.S. soldiers who have died defending Israel in its numerous wars for survival since its founding in 1948? Zero. I can tell you for a fact that Israelis will never ask us to send soldiers to defend them ... unlike many other countries that basically depend on us to defend them.
    And if some of you are going to get into the "dual loyalty" trope about Jews, I'll offer this up: I served 12 years in the U.S. Navy. How many of you Jew-hating armchair patriots have served at all?
    4) Why did DeSantis go to Israel now? Because he's going to run for President. And yes, he wants the Jewish vote. Unfortunately, most Jews vote Democrat (don't even ask me to get into that, it's a whole other story). And the Democrats, and the left in general, are the main source of anti-Semitism in this country today. So he's hoping to "convert" some Jews to his cause and get their vote. I hope he is successful in doing that. It's called politics, folks.
    5) And finally, as uncomfortable as this may be to some of you, let me close by saying this: We Jews have outlasted every civilization and every group that's tried to wipe us out, from the Canaanites of the Old Testament to Hitler more recently. The Babylonians are gone. The Egyptians are still around, barely. Hitler is dead. The Soviet Union collapsed. We're still here. And we're not going anywhere. So ... deal with it.

Thank you for reading this. Let the hate continue!:mad:

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yep so let’s vote for Perot, oh excuse me “Trump” who has ZERO chance of winning. I will support whatever REPUBLICAN that is on the ticket, but if it’s Trump, Brandon is guaranteed another four years. You heard it here first and I will be back in “24” to say LOUDLY “Told you so” !

gunsrfun1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What’s a Zionist?
    Great question. I'll let David Ben-Gurion, one of the founders of modern-day Israel, answer. He once said (or so I've heard), after the State of Israel was established in 1948, that "There's no longer such thing as a Zionist. Because if you're a Zionist, you'll move to Israel. And then you'll be an Israeli."

That, to me, sums it up. I'm a strong supporter of America and Israel. And yes, just to piss people off sometimes, I call myself a Zionist, since the bigots out there seem to use that as shorthand for "supporter of Israel" or for just plain being Jewish. But technically speaking, I go with Ben-Gurion's definition.

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great question. I'll let David Ben-Gurion, one of the founders of modern-day Israel, answer. He once said (or so I've heard), after the State of Israel was established in 1948, that "There's no longer such thing as a Zionist. Because if you're a Zionist, you'll move to Israel. And then you'll be an Israeli."

That, to me, sums it up. I'm a strong supporter of America and Israel. And yes, just to piss people off sometimes, I call myself a Zionist, since the bigots out there seem to use that as shorthand for "supporter of Israel" or for just plain being Jewish. But technically speaking, I go with Ben-Gurion's definition.
    That’s an intentionally dishonest and simplistic definition. Your first post is nothing but bait, which must be easy as most honest responses would end up being reprimanded for some type of hate speech. This.is what we have to deal with when we disagree with protected classes.

Last edited:

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    That’s an intentionally dishonest and simplistic definition. Your first post is nothing but bait which must be easy as most honest responses would end up being reprimanded for some type of hate speech as this is what we have to deal with when we disagree with protected classes.
    iu

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    You gotta love the Israelis. Or anybody killing Palestinians.
    It’s not as much God’s work as killing Russians, but it’s close. :-D

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It’s hard for me to hate a race of people, but I have no problem hating certain individuals of most every race . I feel there are more folks like that than the media would like for us to know. I’ve run across very very few racist in my life , but many folks confuse prejudice with racism, and they are for a fact not the same thing.

Top Bottom