• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Engraved safety warnings on guns are a plague on industry. Is removing it legal, and has anyone ever tried? I'm about to order a clone of a South African Vektor SP1 (which is a clone of the Taurus PT92, clone of the Beretta 92, mechanical clone of the Walther P38 - we're on like clone #4), and I noticed it has a tragically misspelled disclaimer label...

Attachments

• eaa391086_1.jpg
      eaa391086_1.jpg
      32 KB · Views: 153
    • Screenshot_20210523-202750_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210523-202750_Chrome.jpg
      172.3 KB · Views: 157

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most of the "a" look fuzzy. If the gun is the 4th zerox attempting to attract bargin buyers...... I don't think perfection is their goal. Feds "currently" don't require engraved/stamped warning labels ON firearms. Commie anti-gun States might, IDK.

Warning label's are there to prevent Manufacturer Lability just like McD now prints F'en HOT Stuff on coffee cups. Some Execllent Companies don't follow their Lawyers advice, while some are being more discreet on location and size. The potential liability, if you obliterate the Warning, later sell it and some idiot injures/kills himself. Surely when the gun is examined, found altered and low and behold: the "Warning" having been deliberately removed will be targeted by a lawsuit claiming butthole bob never saw the intended warning to read the Manual and shot his face off.

Which will look worse: the current warning "as is" or after removal is attempted? How much structural integrity will be lost in milling it off so its not too ugly? That cost plus refinishing it, too much trouble IMHO, buy something better with the added money you would have spent to fix it to you preference.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Haha fair points! Indeed it looks like the pic just might be crappy, because it is spelled right on my example. And rider, definitely agree with you on those points, but not a lot of closed slide Beretta 92s out there and I am a sucker for the weird stuff :D

Attachments

• 20210528_160433.jpg
      20210528_160433.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 66
    • 16222360428235009949915275564399.jpg
      16222360428235009949915275564399.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 66

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Haha fair points! Indeed it looks like the pic just might be crappy, because it is spelled right on my example. And rider, definitely agree with you on those points, but not a lot of closed slide Beretta 92s out there and I am a sucker for the weird stuff :D
    Might can get a cleaner look by filling in the safety warning with Duracoat or nickel plating to where they can't be seen anymore. No grind marks, no weakening of the metal and you get to pick a custom paint job. I once had a WW2 Colt that was so heavily nickel plated that I couldn't even see half of the cool U.S. military marks, but man did it shine! And it had a gold plated trigger, hammer, safety, mag release, etc. with red wood grips. It really stood out, and I got it for a quarter of what an unmolested WW2 Colt was worth. That's what I would do with yours. Fill in the safety warning.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gives you an excuse to Cerakote it and tighten it up...
    It'll require a new Break-in period...or you can do what I did and
    simply sit on the couch, watching bang bang movies and shooting snap caps
    at the bad guys...after a few weeks, it was slicker than my ex-wife's divorce lawyer.

Or, your favorite school colors...or John Deere Green & yellow...or...
    Glock-Dewalt-Drilled-Perfection-1.jpg

Top Bottom