• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 155SprtFsh

Banned
    I thought about aftermarket trigger but since my guns are still under warranty I figured what the hell. They were closing when I finally got someone to answer the phone so the conversation was short and sweet. I guess one good thing if I decide to modify my trigger I will have a good factory spare. Will keep all informed of status as I find out....Good Luck All!!!!!!!!!

155SprtFsh

Banned
    Received email from Remington...They issued repair numbers for both guns...Repair Progress Tracking...status" logged in for repairs" now the waiting game is on...is it a five minute fix or will it be months!!!!who knows

SAWMAN

Master
    When you get 'em back,bring them over and we will put my digital scale on them. I would be interested in seeing what they "break" at. I set mine at 2lbs 14.6ozs(avg of 5 pulls). --- SAWMAN

155SprtFsh

Banned
    It would be interesting to know what they were set from factory. When I first got the 308 I adjusted mine 1 1/2 turns to lighten it up but never had it measured. As you said I don't think it made a difference so I returned it to the factory setting. The only reason I changed it is because I use this gun for hunting. I have a Tikka 243 with a hair trigger that discharged while hunting so I guess I got cold feet. Also, thanks for the offer but I think I will be purchasing a digital scale and allen torque wrench that I have been eyeing at a local store. Right now just want my guns back in one piece.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    It would be interesting to know what they were set from factory. When I first got the 308 I adjusted mine 1 1/2 turns to lighten it up but never had it measured. As you said I don't think it made a difference so I returned it to the factory setting. The only reason I changed it is because I use this gun for hunting. I have a Tikka 243 with a hair trigger that discharged while hunting so I guess I got cold feet. Also, thanks for the offer but I think I will be purchasing a digital scale and allen torque wrench that I have been eyeing at a local store. Right now just want my guns back in one piece.

I'm crossing my fingers for you after I read you had indeed shipped them with the scopes.

155SprtFsh

Banned
    I look at it this way I didn't cause this problem so why should I go out of my way for their mistake. I told them if they are damaged they will be getting them back so they sent me special packing and they said they would be held responsible. If not they would have told me to remove the scopes before sending. I have plenty of backup guns so I not to worried about it. Thanks for the positive support.

155SprtFsh

Banned
    FYI

This is the response from Remington Arms received today.

Dear Mr. 155SprtFsh,

As of this date, we have been given no time line as to how long this process might take. Remington announced the recall as soon as it was discovered there could be a safety issue. We are encouraging all gun owners with the X-Mark Pro trigger to return their firearm regardless of gun modifications. If a gun owner has chosen to replace the X-Mark Pro on his gun with another trigger, we still would recomend sending in the trigger for inspection; however, our first recommendation is to send the entire gun since it will be test fired.

We appreciate your patience.

Thank you and best regards,
    Remington Customer Services

reel_crazy

Expert
    here is a summary so far for my sps.

4 -22
    4-22
    Received 2 emails
    1st confirming the recall submission
    2nd from Remington support along with a service ticket number.
    5-8
    Received email with shipping labels and instructions. It also said the box to ship should show up in 5-7 business days.
    5-10
    Received email with ups tracking number .
    Tracking number showed ups got it on 5-9.
    5-13
    Empty Box Delivered to me
    5-15
    I get the gun boxed up and picked up by ups.
    5-20
    Gun Arrives in ilion ny.
    5-29
    Received an email indicating they have received my gun…
    Whew!.. almost called them .. I had assumed they would notify me as soon as it hit their loading dock or shortly after…
    Now I have a repair number which I can use with my serial number to check on the progress..
    Problem is the web site cannot find it.. perhaps im trying a bit too soon…

Fishin Ski

Shooter
    My .270 is on the list as well. I'm like sportfish, I bought it as a combo including the scope. I figure I could always act like sportfish. Mine came as one piece, so why would I remove the scope.... I have a feeling they have been receiving rifles in all different conditions (dirty, beat up, probably even rounds in the magazine.....) and hopefully they would take care of any problems that they caused. (Assuming the owner of the firearm doesn't act like a complete dingle berry)......

But I have been wrong before.

M.O.A.

Master
    Day 1...read about the recall
    Day 2...considered doing something about it
    Day 6 or so...ordered trigger group from midway
    Day 8...pushed out pins and replaced factory trigger
    Present day..watching everyone else wait months hoping their rifle gets fixed before next year.

Capt. Dave

Marksman
    Day 1...read about the recall
    Day 2...considered doing something about it
    Day 6 or so...ordered trigger group from midway
    Day 8...pushed out pins and replaced factory trigger
    Present day..watching everyone else wait months hoping their rifle gets fixed before next year.

Ditto, I'm loving my Timney Calvin Elite set at 10oz.

SAWMAN

Master
    SAME ............ Day 1 -->read about the recall ... considered Remington's history of handling shit like this.
    Day 2 --> talked to a buddy that is a Remington "GURU".
    Day 3 or 4 --> put a phone call into Remington. They told me that my gun "could possibly" be unsafe. Told me to take the trigger out
    and send it to them. They would send a replacement trigger to the FFL where I bought the gun after they called them
    to confirm. (HUH ??) How long ?? "Uhhhhhh...we can't promise anything at this time".
    Day 5 or 6 --> took the action out of the stock. Adjusted the trigger as per my buddy. BTW......I quickly got it down to 2lbs 14ozs
    with NO creep. Reinstalled the stock(the B&C 2956-02). Dry fired the weapon 25 times. Bounced the weapon on it's
    butt-stock from about 12-15 inches high,6-8 times. Slammed the bolt open and closed 10-15 times. The weapon did
    not fire with the safety either on or off.

This weapon is not a "loaner" weapon. It will be carried and fired by me and me only. I am COMPLETELY satisfied with the weapons safety characteristics. If I would have not been able to accomplish this,I would have bought one of the excellent aftermarket triggers for the weapon.

Send it back ???????? Yeah right !! ----- SAWMAN

155SprtFsh

Banned
    Current Status: Firearm/part has been received and logged in.....Firearm/part has been received and logged in........Firearm/part has been received and logged in...... Firearm/part has been received and logged in.................Thank God I'm blessed with more than one go to rifle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snow Bird

Master
    I'm with SAWMAN on this one. I did about the same thing with mine and pulled the trigger harder than you probally should and mine wouldn.t fore. I pulled the trigger and then took the saftey off and it didn't fire. I did every combnation(spelling) I could and it wouldn't fire.

I was worried because a model 70 I had went off on me and I didn't want this one to.It was acting like the old 700 did.3 position safetys suck and should be taken off the market.

SAWMAN

Master
    Some people are replacing the trigger under recall with this one. --- >
    At Midway ... Timney #220642 ... $129. ... adjustable from 1.5 - 4lbs.

Would save tons of aggravation and is a great aftermarket trigger for not much money. --- SAWMAN

155SprtFsh

Banned
    I guess if it takes a few minutes to pull two pins my repairman should be able to do these with his eyes closed by now. Just trying to let everyone know how long this process could take if they decide to return their firearm. I guess the next post will read triggers for sale 128.99 FTF.........Just kidding Saw....good luck to all that decided to return!!!!will let everyone know when repairs are made and guns are being shipped back....yeah right!!!!

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Some people are replacing the trigger under recall with this one. --- >
    At Midway ... Timney #220642 ... $129. ... adjustable from 1.5 - 4lbs.

Would save tons of aggravation and is a great aftermarket trigger for not much money. --- SAWMAN
    This would be my first pick .....but since mine is a stainless Sendaro ....and Timney - for some reason does not offer a stainless version...... I'm still holding out hope for the factory to make it right.....just hope it does not take forever....but I have my old faithful 700bdl from the 70's to hunt with for a while.
    They did offer 40% off at the Remington store.....where everthing is 100% above retail!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom