• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • young gun

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What are yalls thoughts on remanufactured ammo? Ive personally never shot it and have heard mixed reviews about it so figured I'd get yalls opinion. Is it better to just get new ammo for target shooting until I start reloading? I haven't found it much cheaper but after a decent amount of shooting it adds up.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Even commercial ammo can have problems.
    But Im a fan of reloading.
    Save what you would spend on commercial ammo and buy reloading stuff.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have shot some 45acp from freedom munitions that was reman. Have yet to see a problem, shoots just as good as the rest and the spent brass seems to be in good shape.
    Although reloading your own allows you to be more particular on QC.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have shot thousands of rounds of .223 and 9mm reman ammo. Never had any problems but to be honest like Freedom munitions 1,000 rounds of .223 55gr reman fmj ammo is $300 (not including shipping). When on SGammo.com 1000 rounds of new wolf gold .223 55 gr fmj is $299.50 (not including shipping.) I normally shoot Wolf Gold if I shoot brass but I will not hesitate to shoot steel case ammo.

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I need to try the Wolf Gold for my ARs. I've heard good things about it and it seems to be cheap brass as well. Thanks Brandon

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I need to try the Wolf Gold for my ARs. I've heard good things about it and it seems to be cheap brass as well. Thanks Brandon

Oh no problem and they also are loaded just as hot as XM193 and come with a sealer on the primer and a sealer on the bullet and the brass seems to be very good quality brass. They also aren't a "dirty" load either. Last session I did with these I ran 1,500 rounds through my AR in about 4 hours and not a hiccup. I normally stow these away for a "rainy" day.

Ammunition store has a case of Wolf Gold for $289 not including tax or shipping.

http://ammunitionstore.com/products...-brass-case-boxer-primed-1000-round-case.html

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sweet, there goes the power bill. Lol

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Years ago, I bought a bunch of Georgia Arms' .223 REM remanufactured ammo. Never had an issue with any of it. I still have a couple thousand rounds of it in my cache.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have shot a fair amount of 9mm re-manufactured, but tend to stay away from rifle ammo. Just research where you're buying it from and make sure they are legit. I have a student a couple of years ago show up to a class in Georgia from Texas with a case of reman he bought while in Texas, he had a couple of squibs on day one, called the manufacturer that afternoon and they told him to sit in a dark quiet room and to shake the rest of the rounds to make sure they had powder in them and to send back the ones without powder for exchange. :smash:

Bones2586

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have shot a fair amount of 9mm re-manufactured, but tend to stay away from rifle ammo. Just research where you're buying it from and make sure they are legit. I have a student a couple of years ago show up to a class in Georgia from Texas with a case of reman he bought while in Texas, he had a couple of squibs on day one, called the manufacturer that afternoon and they told him to sit in a dark quiet room and to shake the rest of the rounds to make sure they had powder in them and to send back the ones without powder for exchange. :smash:

Wow. Quality control at its finest. Squadded at a USPSA match in VA with a shooter that was having lotsa issues with Freedom Munitions .40SW loads. None with the 9mm he had used from them in the past, FWIW. Cheers!

Sporter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've bought thousands of remanufactured ammo from Georgia Arms and Quality Made Cartridges. No issues from either. Getting 45 acp target rounds for 18 cents each from QMC is pretty decent. They even offer 10% off sales occasionally. To be honest, I've had far more problems lately with name brand new ammo (bullets seated offset, bullets falling out of the case and bullets being too deeply set) than I ever did with remanufactured stuff.

http://georgia-arms.com/

http://www.shop.qualitymadecartridges.com/45ACP-Auto-230gr-Round-Nose-Lead-1000-Rounds-FREE-SHIPPING-004500021000.htm?productId=21

young gun

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good to know. I was considering buying some georgia arms ammo from the gun show but was very hesitant about it. Next time I see a deal online I'll be sure to order some.

I've seen remanufactured ammo in some stores that cost a few cents more a round than nee name brand ammo. The same specs and everything so I didn't understand that.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oh no problem and they also are loaded just as hot as XM193 and come with a sealer on the primer and a sealer on the bullet and the brass seems to be very good quality brass. They also aren't a "dirty" load either. Last session I did with these I ran 1,500 rounds through my AR in about 4 hours and not a hiccup. I normally stow these away for a "rainy" day.

Ammunition store has a case of Wolf Gold for $289 not including tax or shipping.

http://ammunitionstore.com/products...-brass-case-boxer-primed-1000-round-case.html

http://gun-deals.com/list/ammo/.223%2F5.56/showall
    This link shows an estimated shipping charge of $32.56 to my zip code from the AmmunitionStore.com and they've been right on the shipping cost every time I've used the site to find ammo

Blackeyes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've shot a few cases of Freedom munitions Amax .308 rds without any issue's. Seems to be fairly consistant. Would not use it for long range precision shooting, but for everything else, it seems to run fine.

nwfft

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have shot probably over a 100K rounds of Georgia Arms pistol ammo and have had ONE failure. Great ammo and very cheap at bulk rate.

Shooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do the companies the produce remanufactured ammo carry the same liability as those that make new ammo? If I split the barrel on a rifle because of a squib followed by a fully loaded round who pays the bills? What if it is a squib in a full auto? In that case I wouldn't have the option of checking the bore if it "didn't sound right"?

Only asking because I have always avoided remanufactured ammo?

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Do the companies the produce remanufactured ammo carry the same liability as those that make new ammo? If I split the barrel on a rifle because of a squib followed by a fully loaded round who pays the bills? What if it is a squib in a full auto? In that case I wouldn't have the option of checking the bore if it "didn't sound right"?

Only asking because I have always avoided remanufactured ammo?

You really need to see what disclaimers these companies may have in regard remanufactured ammo.

AlecThigpen

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have used Freedom Munitions in 9mm and had about one in ten with a dead primer. A second or third strike wouldn't fire them either. This has been documented on YouTube as well. It may have just been a bad month or two because I have heard others with perfect results, and they sponsor the 3-gun Nation events, and I don't think they could make that happen with a long history of bad ammo.

I also hear great reviews of Atlanta Ammo, especially with critical competition ammo, like 2011 style guns that need to be loaded to longer OALs in .40, and also loading .38 super and SC.

Top Bottom