• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well, I saw a dead quail stuck halfway thru a rat hole. I'm sure they were pulling it into their hole to feast upon it. So quail for sure, most likely their eggs too, and of course the pigeon and quail feed.

It sure would be more fun to use the air-rifles, but whatever you use, you gotta be quick when you open the door. I'll hit them again tonight. I can post some pics if ya'll want. Just haven't because some folk might take offense to it?

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I think the shells with blue caps are 9-12 size shot. You might try the red ones it is #4 shot...might help.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Well, I saw a dead quail stuck halfway thru a rat hole. I'm sure they were pulling it into their hole to feast upon it. So quail for sure, most likely their eggs too, and of course the pigeon and quail feed.

It sure would be more fun to use the air-rifles, but whatever you use, you gotta be quick when you open the door. I'll hit them again tonight. I can post some pics if ya'll want. Just haven't because some folk might take offense to it?

it's a rat....if anyone gets offended at a pic of a bloody dead rat, they have the same skin to get un-offended in....:noidea:

plus, they are at the wrong forum...if they are that easily offended, I might try to really rub a snowflake the wrong way...:boink:

post away..

hopefully a peta anti gun person will join and see it....oh boy..:clap2:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I love watching the UK rat hunters with pellet guns and night vision they really lay them down. They really Utube the heck out of the hunts, just sit back and shoot all night. Where are you doing this?

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Damn, and I thought I was morbid. Lmao.... Okay, here's the ones I got last night. If I find the ones I got during the 1st postings, I'll post them too. Had those on my phone, but it, the phone, got ran-over, so can't retrieve any old pics or nothing. Maybe a few friends still have them on their phones when I sent pics to them, we'll see?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I love watching the UK rat hunters with pellet guns and night vision they really lay them down. They really Utube the heck out of the hunts, just sit back and shoot all night. Where are you doing this?

the aussie blokes do that too....poor saps. that is about all the hunting they can do there..

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    LMAO, I bought a Heritage 22 convertible a few weeks ago at Academy, mainly for these rats. Still not used to that left side safety gate. There were 3 big fat rats "hiding" on top of a 2x4 about 7' off the ground. I laid the muzzle on it, squeezed the trigger and "SNAP". I hammered back, squeezed and "Snap" again, then I realized that damn safety. I still managed to cap one (DRT) and hit another (it'll be DRT soon). But the biggest one got away. Got a young one which looked like a mouse, and that was it. Only seen about 12-15 total, and DRT'd 2, wasn't worth the effort to take pics.. But they learn fast what times you come. So I'll wait a couple days and go at midnight.
    Thinking of doing the 5 gallon death bucket, but that'll take away my target practice. The owner wants to run a water hose down their ground holes and flood them and when they come out a running, shoot them. Don't know if that's gonna work tho? Guess we'll see.
    :juggle:

Top Bottom