• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no_boundaries

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Took my wife shooting on our annual (mostly) turkey day outing. She was consistently shooting 3" groups @ 15'+ with my hipoint c9 truck gun and my bro in-laws G19. Put her behind his AR and no target was safe. Talk about putting the pressure on me. I matched her accuracy but, in a fraction of the time. I still wear the pants. She is hooked. I ordered a pair of PSA lowers on Black Friday and took her to Academy this past Sunday to see how a couple pistols felt in her hands. Bought her a Taurus 609b for Christmas. We dealt with Bob at Academy and I will forever deal wig him in the future! Now I am hunting a purse pistol for her. Valentine's? She talked about a stun gun but, if some POS is THAT close to my wife, id rather she put a 22mag in his belly. I know she wants abalone grips. And I know she'll forever fantasize about wearing a derringer between her thighs. Or maybe I fantasize about that. (Between her thighs, not mine) (anyways) (what was I talking about?) Oh yeah...ok...I have looked at the NAA mini revolvers but cant help but wonder if there are any autos in a comparable size with a comparable amount of nostalgia? That I could possibly have some engraving done on or, at least add some abalone grips to? My wife does not carry a large purse.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just me, but I would not want to be fumbling around trying to get a mini rev or derringer ready to rumble, expecially with the thrill of the moment upon you. I would go for a small frame .38 hammerless Chiefs Special smith/colt/taurus for a purse gun, and easy to find the grips for also. An auto would require that it is locked and loaded to be at the ready, and in a purse I would be allways concerned the safty may get bumped off , unless you had a special compartment for it. ???

no_boundaries

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Purses have all sorts of compartments. Big and small. I thought it would be allocated to one of those to avoid pulling it out backwards. The hammer being snagged. Etc etc. Why I'm here. Looking for ideas. Most 38s ive seen are bigger than what I'm thinking but, maybe what I am thinking is not safely or effectively attainable. How compact are stun guns? I guess that should set the bar for both size and weight.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I think (YMMV) a small revolver like a S&W 642 or something similar would be perfect for her. TraderDan has given you very good advice. You have to be within kissing distance to use a stun gun. I don't think you want a bad guy that close to your wife. :)
    A small compact revolver is very light, won't take up much room in a purse, and most importantly, it will always work.

Alientaz

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just bought my wife a S&W Shield 9mm and she could not be happier. It come with a 7 & 8 round mag and has a natured point. Please take a look at it. If you buy a new one there should be no problem but, the older one had a recall on them. Please let me no if you have any question.

dead-bird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Your probably going to be getting her two guns.

One to be practical and one for the fantasy/fun of it.

IMG_1591.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1591.jpg
      IMG_1591.jpg
      41.1 KB · Views: 122
    Last edited:

no_boundaries

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been looking at the Shield 9mm. Mostly for myself though. I prefer to carry hot. My wife, on the other hand, would not. I know she would be very uncomfortable carry with one in the chamber. Regardless of safeguards. I found an interesting page, per TraderDan, comparing the top 6 carry revolvers and the 642 is where I'm at. May still get her a derringer for a novelty item. But a 38 I believe is what it will be. Thanks so much guys

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    If she will not carry hot no matter the number of safeties get her pepper spray or a stun gun...while she is trying to load or rack a weapon the bad guy will just take it from her and use it on her.

no_boundaries

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm going to get her some formal training. Well, both of us. I want her to be more comfortable with a firearm facing an intruder than with a mirror facing herself. A revolver will go boom five times before it goes click and I like that. The carrying hot thing is just her. She won't let me leave the grill to run to the store for the fear of a rat deciding to chew off a wheel right before a bird drops dead out of the sky knocking my crippled grill over, seconds before a rogue gust of wind blows the hot coals under the house where a gas valve we don't have is ignited and goes boom. Damn Asians...

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    You are going in the right direction for sure. The S&W 642 or 442 both are awesome choices. Aluminum frame so light weight but are also rated for +P .38's. You might want to take a look at the Ruger LCR as well. I am a huge S&W fan and would always go for a Smith wheel gun over anything else, but my wife is a Ruger fan. My dad happened to have an LCR that he really didn't like, but my wife immediately fell in love with it as soon as she held it for the first time. Needless to say, the LCR is now her carry gun. If you ever get out to my neck of the woods, you would be more than welcome to shoot a few of my guns to see what fits her best and what she likes to shoot. I have several different configurations of S&W revolvers and could give you guys a good idea of what you want to go with. I also happen to have one of the NAA convertable(.22LR and .22 Mag) revolvers that she would be more than welcome to try out as well.

no_boundaries

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow! Thanks so much. It will be a lil while before I do something. I'm sitting up at PSC getting registered for classes and pawning off somr of my current jobs ($) to free up time and brain.

Top Bottom