• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tovarish

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I may have to try a few of the Ginex LR primers just to see how they perform. Looks like it’s those or Bench Rest premium primers.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I may have to try a few of the Ginex LR primers just to see how they perform. Looks like it’s those or Bench Rest premium primers.
    In my experience, Ginex LR are a bit oversize vs CCI LR and WW LR and need more pressure to be seated. In the case of S&B brass they will stick out of the primer pocket and be hard to close the bolt on when chambering. This was with S&B 303 and 7.62x54 brass. Fit ok, but snug in commercial brass such as Remington, Winchester, Lapua and PPU, so that is what I used up the 3000 of them I bought in. I will buy no more unless desperate.

Do an Internet search and you will find others with similar results. Same accuracy as with CCI 200’s.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    if they stuck out of the pocket on Ginex LR I wouldn't use them either. Don't know if reaming the pocket would help. It should be about .004 under the surface. The pistol we have used seems OK.

Top Bottom