• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went with M193 because of the slight advantage it has on soft targets in the studies I have seen (so they say), it was also dirt cheap when I bought. I don't think anyone who is shot with either round will know the difference though. I feel that the heavier match ammo is probably much better - I know thats not what you asked though.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hot loaded M193 in a longer barrel can do a better job of penetrating armor is what I am seeing on youtube. Higher velocity means over several hundreds of yards a better trajectory until the lighter bullet slows down. .

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    M193 is my favorite outta my 20inch. Screaming speed and speed kills armor.
    For my short 10.5 it favors the heavier 77’s and is great 200 yards and in. I don’t foresee myself shooting much past that unless I’m at the range so for me m193 has always been my choice for stockpiling. FWIW m193 does well at 300-350 depending on wind of course.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why? Any particular reasons for your choice?

I do not depend on 5.56 so much and only have some older ammunition. Some very old nato spec SS109 and some tule or other russian stuff. Upper is 20 inch barrel built from surplus parts that were available in the early 90's. I think those with chrome military barrels with rifle length gas system will run the lacquer russian cases. I have only fired a few of them. Upper has been in storage for more than 20 years; I just pulled it out the other week. Had a problem with some remanufactured ammo that had no powder in the cases lol. Maybe I will sell the upper.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Why? Any particular reasons for your choice?

I do not depend on 5.56 so much and only have some older ammunition. Some very old nato spec SS109 and some tule or other russian stuff. Upper is 20 inch barrel built from surplus parts that were available in the early 90's. I think those with chrome military barrels with rifle length gas system will run the lacquer russian cases. I have only fired a few of them. Upper has been in storage for more than 20 years; I just pulled it out the other week. Had a problem with some remanufactured ammo that had no powder in the cases lol. Maybe I will sell the upper.

Little more weight, steel tip. "Probably" better penatration on hard targets.

Send me pixs and $$ on the upper.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Little more weight, steel tip. "Probably" better penatration on hard targets.

Send me pixs and $$ on the upper.
    If I sell something it will not be on the internet. I want to play with it first anyway for a while. Old fashioned upper with two position flip over read sight, plastic handguards.

The upper looks like what is in the picture. Is mounted on one of the two commercial lowers lowers that I have. I need eventually to get more lowers.
    1603573134910.png

Top Bottom