• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    first restful night since this happened. seeing little signs of improvement...hoping for some days with big steps of gains too, but I will take baby steps too.

her workout yesterday consisted of sitting up in bed,feet on floor,supporting herself with hands to side...in less than 30 seconds, she was nodding to sleep, falling forward...then stood assisted, with a walker and our hands on her, was able to make 2 shift of foot to the right, 2 shifts of left foot to follow, that was it..

back to sleep quickly after that.

again, thank you all for the prayers

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    first restful night since this happened. seeing little signs of improvement...hoping for some days with big steps of gains too, but I will take baby steps too.

her workout yesterday consisted of sitting up in bed,feet on floor,supporting herself with hands to side...in less than 30 seconds, she was nodding to sleep, falling forward...then stood assisted, with a walker and our hands on her, was able to make 2 shift of foot to the right, 2 shifts of left foot to follow, that was it..

back to sleep quickly after that.

again, thank you all for the prayers

It's a really slow process. Just remember every small step forward leads to full recovery.

justapilgrim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thank you for the update on Kim.

I've really been, uhhmm... deeply moved/touched by this. Not just the thought of how I'd feel and react in your position, but how refreshing to see a brother humble himself and reach out to others with something so personal and painful, AND, how beautiful to see other brothers respond.

I will continue to call out Kim's name to our Father and encourage others to do the same.

" ... pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."
    James 5:16

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Thank you for the update on Kim.

I've really been, uhhmm... deeply moved/touched by this. Not just the thought of how I'd feel and react in your position, but how refreshing to see a brother humble himself and reach out to others with something so personal and painful, AND, how beautiful to see other brothers respond.

I will continue to call out Kim's name to our Father and encourage others to do the same.

" ... pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."
    James 5:16

thank you for finding the book and chapter. I have been thinking that one all week, but did not know where it is....it works.

I may be a little rough around the edges sometimes, something my wife chides me about much...my background brings some of that with me ...but inside, I am a soldier in the army of the King of Kings, who left as a lamb, to lay his life down for his friends....

but he is coming back as the Lion of Judah, with a Crown, a crimson robe, on a white horse, leading an army of millions of the saints, you ,me and other believers...every knee will bow, every will tongue confess, He is Lord...

and it's not going to be lollypops, rainbows and puppy kisses nice either.....

you are my brothers and sisters, thank you, you are helping to keep my faith strong.
    everyone is suffering, in one way or another, some bad, but keep it inside. that will make me blow up, I
    cannot do that, I am all she has, I must stay strong...

one pair of hands.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi Caveman, hoping things are improving for your wife and you too. Stay strong for her my friend. Recovery is the next step and can be very hard. Have faith in our Lord and know that he carries you and her during this hard time.

So do not fear for I am with you, Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ISAIAH 41:10

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Hi Caveman, hoping things are improving for your wife and you too. Stay strong for her my friend. Recovery is the next step and can be very hard. Have faith in our Lord and know that he carries you and her during this hard time.

So do not fear for I am with you, Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ISAIAH 41:10

she was quiet tonite, but RN said she was more animated this morning...she is tired still, the strain on her system, the shock to the brain, has taken a toll , but the lights are on, and getting brighter..she knows who everyone is,
    and I could see her face brighten tonite, when a rn tech came in who seemed to just shine when she smiled,...very genuine...

and I fed her some supper, & little wendys frostie...some more strength...

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My continued best to her,my admiration for you and all the support staff,and wishing her a speedy recovery.
    Please continue to post her progerss. Guess I could be called greedy, but her progress makes me feel better about people in general and reaffirms the good still left in humanity.
    My best wishes to all involved. --- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I will. it helps me.

in the last week, through reaching out to others, I have found out a young pastor @ church just down the road I stopped in at, his wife died of cancer@ 37, 6 months ago leaving 3 kids for him...

my adopted cousin's son, lost two 5.5 month old twins, due to cords in the womb getting tangled around their little necks...

the physical therapist, chuck, lost his wife 2 yrs ago, and is alone, but still serving his fellow man & woman, thru his work, I prayed the Lord to guide a wife to them, to have, hold, love, protect for them both.

one of the nurses, just coming out of an abusive relationship...how can people do things like that to one
    they say they love?

this marriage stuff is so much more important & fulfilling than I ever realized...the time I wasted when young, dumb has prepared me to hold the line, it is an oath to God.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Wise words from a humble man. Great to hear. I'm touched and still praying for your wife, you, and your family. I have experienced the power of prayer and I'm sure you are experiencing it now. Stay strong.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    another quiet afternoon, thank God. I cannot stand the moaning in pain, and repeated calling out to God, that was tearing me up.

she is suffering from this, among the rest of the symptoms...

Aphasia is a condition that robs you of the ability to communicate. It can affect your ability to speak, write and understand language, both verbal and written.
    Aphasia typically occurs suddenly after a stroke or a head injury. But it can also come on gradually from a slow-growing brain tumor or a disease that causes progressive, permanent damage (degenerative). Where and how bad the brain damage is and what caused it determine the degree of disability.

A person with aphasia may:

• Speak in short or incomplete sentences
    • Speak in sentences that don't make sense
    • Substitute one word for another or one sound for another
    • Speak unrecognizable words
    • Not understand other people's conversation
    • Write sentences that don't make sense

The severity and scope of the problems depend on the extent of damage and the area of the brain affected.

and some signs of this too:

Fluent aphasia. People with this form of aphasia may speak easily and fluently in long, complex sentences that don't make sense or include unrecognizable, incorrect or unnecessary words. They usually don't understand spoken language well and often don't realize that others can't understand them. Also known as Wernicke aphasia, this type of aphasia is the result of damage to the language network in the middle left side of the brain.

keep the prayers coming

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Continued prayers especially for her and of course you and family as well. Time in the hospital is never easy, I know from experience, but your faith and hope will help Him carry you a far longer way than you could have yourself. Patience, prayer and humbleness. Focus on the good and remember that no matter what, God has the final word in all. God bless

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Prayers for you and the help you will need in dealing with this and for Kim to recover her health and abilities.

It is entirely possible that she may recover with therapy and time. It can be a pretty tough and long road or hopefully she may just rebound, if the brain can work around the injury, but it will take a lot of patience and understanding for sure. The best to you and to Kim in this time of trial.
    Ed

Top Bottom