• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You'll be happy to learn that after things settle down I'll probably be getting momma a wiener of her very own to do with as she pleases.:smokin:

You're a good man Charley Brown!! It's amazing the smiles a little indiscriminate wiener petting can bring!

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You're a good man Charley Brown!! It's amazing the smiles a little indiscriminate wiener petting can bring!

Yep! Momma finally brought up our dog Jack's passing on. That happened three days before her " event". Been a really rough June. She was still in the "we are never going to get another dog, I can't handle the heartache of losing another pet" mode when this happened. I figure that I'll give it a couple of weeks for her to get her energy back up then set up a chance meeting between her and Ian's wiener. I have no doubt that when she gets Reggie slapped on her she'll be begging me for some wiener action.

I'm gonna name my wiener "Thor, seducer of women and scourge of men".

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One of my best friends works for dachshund rescue, unfortunately they always have homeless pets, let me know IF I can help.

Thanks Frank. If we get to that point I will ask for contact info. I have to wait and see when the timing is right. I love all dogs but was leaning towards something larger, more protective, at least louder and more intimidating sounding. My property is a little under 2 acres but I haven't finished fencing it off completely. I made the mistake of spending a few hours recently with a neighbor's 18 month old German Shepard. What a blast and seriously smart dog. I would love to have him or something similar but won't punish a dog by not providing room to run.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK, I am beat down tired tonight but ................

Momma is home and sleeping in our bed! Just amazing. Last Friday we were talking about two more weeks in the hospital, maybe a month after that in therapy, etc.

Friday afternoon it was like somebody walked around a house flipping all of the lights on. All of the testing revealed zero cognitive issues, in fact the doctors got a taste of her intellect. The therapists came in and treated her with kid gloves the first day. Day two she walked up and down the halls. Day three they checked to see if she could step up and down, then two and finally half a flight of stairs. Everyone tried to find an excuse (I have some new good and bad opinions of the business end of health care) to keep her down but finally pulled out all of the lines, gave her instructions, scripts, etc. and waved bye bye.

She slept in the car on the way home but when she saw our house she acted like she hit the lottery. Tired but wanting to look around. We thought she should sleep downstairs but she begged me to let her try the stairs with my help. After all she IS weak. She is now laying here next to me sleeping like a kid on Christmas night.

Certainly she can't be left alone due to safety issues for at least a week, and I am not going to let her use the stairs without back up but at the rate she's going I think she'll want to go to work in probably two weeks or so.

For what she went through this is nothing less than a miracle. Even the doctors had a big grin on their face today talking to her. The nurses in ICU came down to say goodbye and one of them, Nicole, was a little teary eyed and so was momma.

I believe all of your thoughts and prayers made the difference between me having momma back 100% and having an invalid or worse. I cannot say thank you all enough and will wrack my brain trying to figure a way to show it.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sean, that is truly excellent news!

Thank you Dr. M! Means a lot to me coming from you. You know the possible implications of what she went through. The old cliche "dodging the bullet" takes on a whole new meaning at the Casa. At least a .50, if not larger caliber.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Joe. I am amazed (have I mentioned that already? LOL).

She is, for the first time in 3 weeks, sleeping like a baby. I've known her a long time and have never seen her sleep for 8 hours without waking up. Looks like coming home is gonna be the best cure.

Top Bottom