• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    had to walk outside after reading this.. the Lord gave you the one more day you asked for. i pray the healing comes on you and your wife especially. those peaks of pain will, over the weeks and months ahead, become less and less, & the smiles will return when you bring those happy time moments of Jack back to memory..

you will learn to laugh again, at the funny things he did and said in his short time here. Bless this family Lord Jesus.. we give You praise for the life of Jack.

Last edited:

tji

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Like everyone else, I’m so sorry for your loss. From all accounts, you have a great family and did all you could for Jack right up until the end. He passed knowing that he was well loved—and he’s going to a much better place—so I hope you can take whatever comfort you can from that. When my mother in law passed away years ago my wife read an old poem at her funeral. It helped my wife, and maybe it will help you too. Here it is:

“I am standing upon the seashore.

A ship, at my side, spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts for the blue ocean.

She is an object of beauty and strength.

I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says, “There, she is gone”

Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all.

She is just as large in mast, hull and spar as she was when she left my side.

And, she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me — not in her.

And, just at the moment when someone says, “There, she is gone,” there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices
    ready to take up the glad shout, “Here she comes!”

And that is dying.”

God bless you and your family.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    For the first time in my adult life I could not achieve an objective I set.

We never put up decorations or the tree until after Jack’s birthday. Jack’s birthday was the 16th. Could not bring myself to celebrate with his urn. I told him how sorry I am, and sang to him in the yard where I do most of my crying and sobbing.

Reached out to a 1-800 type counseling service provided by the funeral home. It was odd, cold and robotic. Human communications are fascinating, how inadequate we all are at listening, how easy it is to misunderstand, see things which aren’t there, ascribe incorrect motives.

Still haven’t put up the tree. Believe I will use our small ceramic tree with lights. Jack loved putting on the ornaments with his siblings and I just can’t.

Been pouring over his medication logbook we made, trying to find something I may have missed, any clue as to how or why things happened as they did. I did everything I could but it was not enough. People tell me I’m a great father but a great father would have saved him.

Things are so different between my wife and I now. Always done the heavy lifting in our relationship and got just enough back to maintain. Haven’t received a card, gift, cake, etc. in over 15 years. On my birthday we usually go shopping for her. You get treated how you allow but also the heart wants what it wants. She had a lot of trauma in her life, parents divorce, addiction, her own divorce, sexual assaults. She has an avoidant personality and grieved a lot before he passed, where as I had to take care of him and had to push everything down and didn’t really get to grieve until after he passed. I also wanted to spend every moment with him while he was alive, while she found it hard to deal with his physical deterioration and has guilt now. I warned her this would happen.

She can’t console me or hold me the way I do her, so most of my sobbing and breaking down is done out here in the external garage or the north side of our property.

She has now started online relationships with three dudes on the internet. Discusses with them our most personal shit, Jack, her breast/lung cancer scare, etc. Whatever she needs to help her I guess, but I’m so exhausted by everything. Thought she was always on her phone (internet) before, but now it’s just constant. She doesn’t see what’s happening or doesn’t care. Had me get an account on X, I don’t wanna talk to your male friends, f&$@ that. Yes I have been known to be a bit jealous.

Sure we will stay together for the kids for a good while yet, but major storms coming as I didn’t sign up to be a coparenting, roommate, fellow citizen.

Thank you again to the owner of this forum.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I am so sorry for you, I know your pain. When I lost my son I ruined my marriage and was lost for a long time. Trust me it is not worth the further pain I caused myself and you will find the same is true.

Turn to God, a pastor or person of faith you trust...I still turn to God daily to prepare me for the future without my child and marriage. May God Bless you, remember your son and honor him in the way you live your life, he is by your side watching and does not want bad things to happen!

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I certainly aint’t got the words and can’t offer any advice for what you have endured but just want to say please be there for your other children and stay strong, I’m sure you’ve got a long row to hoe, hang in there !

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Praying for your son and your family. May God bless you all. Your family will be in our prayers.

“Loosing one’s child is pain with no end…”

I know, my 21 y/o son died in a car accident in Pace 13 yrs ago. There are no words anyone can say to ease the pain. Don’t give up, be strong.

Last edited:

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    i am like the others. words fail me. i will keep you and your family in my prayers. and i believe prayers have power. please make sure you take your burden to God in prayer. even angry prayer. even when you dont feel like He is listening. even in the moments you have no belief.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    LORD; i come to you in prayer for my brother, and against the attacks of the evil one who hates mankind. in the HOLY name of CHRIST, the Annointed one. satan always attacks the women, in order to get the man. stand strong in prayer against this, in the most loving manner you can. satan is the father of lies and tries to deceive those who at their weak points.

• Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

ctc1066

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    LORD; i come to you in prayer for my brother, and against the attacks of the evil one who hates mankind. in the HOLY name of CHRIST, the Annointed one. satan always attacks the women, in order to get the man. stand strong in prayer against this, in the most loving manner you can. satan is the father of lies and tries to deceive those who at their weak points.

• Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
    Amen Lord

Top Bottom