• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Okay I'm very new to this have a question about hog hunting can you hunt at night, can you use lights what rules you have to follow its on private land can someone please help who has some experience. I have an invite to on private land to hunt hogs and I just need to know what we have to follow

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yes on private land they did away with the permit to hunt hogs at night with a light. I would suggest a letter stating that from the landowner granting you permission. Hog hunting also requires no hunting license either. So w permission on private land you may hunt hogs 24/7 with a light. No rules on the light or limit of hogs that can be taken.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You can also use any capacity magazine,any type bullet,any legal to own firearm. Pistol rifle,or shotgun. Also archery,cross bows,knives,spears,rocks,and sling shots. --- SAWMAN

Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is suggested that you also contact the game warden for that area and inform them that you are hog hunting in that area at night. This helps keep them from bothering you thinking you are breaking the rules.

Not required but suggested

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hawaii Style: Dig a pit on a hog game trail. Throw some food scraps in the pit and cover and mark with signs from both directions. Pig no read good.
    Pig fall in pit. You jump in pit with knife. One will win, the other will be eaten.

Aloha, WR

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    yeah the call is unnecessary, they could care less as long as it is on private land unless it is deer season. I tried that and the guy asked why I was calling him??? maybe if you know your warden already.

Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yeah mine was during deer season. Most times they say that but I do know of guys getting hassled before with wardens thinking they were really deer huinting at night... granted they were hunting in an area where there were a few night deer hunters.

Top Bottom