• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used to check in with the Pensacola fishing forum from time to time. Then there was the big password reset that I deleted so I can't log in anymore. No problem, I'll just read through the post without adding my witty commentary.

As I'm doing so this morning a pop up ads start playing and freezes the screen so I can't stop them. Only way out was the red X at the top right.

If this forum ever starts playing those pop up ads then I'm gone from here too. I know most will celebrate but if people don't make a stand against these crap ads you won't be able to view anything before long.

Rick

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pretty sure it's a technical issue and not something enacted by PFF admin. Also, I'm on Android and never get those popups.

Time to shit can Windows based computers Rick.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So nobody else gets the screen freezing pop ups? How about the ads they put in between the post replies now? Is that only on windows? I despise the new windows as much as anybody but they're are only popping up on PFF. Been having a lot of problems with that site for a while anyway.

I understand these sites need donations and to sell advertisement to maintain. But when the advertisements start interfering with the content it's time for some review.

Bitch, bitch, bitch !
    Rick

SCTaylor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's a lot of the speciality forums. I am a member of Microskiff.com, when the private owner sold out to a corporation the ads went f'n nuts. Gotta run ad black outside of tapatalk or it'll freeze my computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pitt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I dont get ads because Im using chrome with ad blocker pro.

However the quality of discussion has gone down hill for sure. Everybody thinks of themselves as a professional fisherman or wants you to call them captain. A lot of I've got more money and I'm better then you types.

I originally registered for that forum for the gun section and look how that turned out.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Wait a minute . . . . . Pfffft is me and John's most favorite forum in the entire world.
    If your having problems (both real and imagined) contact Stanley,he is a super mod over there. --- SAWMAN

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    their problem is kind of serious...verticalscope who is their host / web site vendor was hacked in feb...the data breach included user names, email addresses, hashed passwords.. etc... pff to their credit reset everyones password... but if you use the same username/pw on multiple sites (bad idea) you could potentially be at risk if you do not at least update all sites you are a member of..

rich

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I'm giving up on it as well... 5 "contact us" emails with only 1 response... he asked if the reset worked , I said no and haven't heard from him since... guess they don't need membership that much...

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm giving up on it as well... 5 "contact us" emails with only 1 response... he asked if the reset worked , I said no and haven't heard from him since... guess they don't need membership that much...

Wow, you did good. I've sent countless emails via "contact us", and got no reply from admin., and when I tried to reset, I had to use my email add., which it said did not exist. lol

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What actually happened to the gun section at PFF? I was never a member there but shortly after finding and joining this forum I developed an impression that this forum was born due to "issues" over there, of which I've never been quite clear on.

If however it's a subject that might cause any angst and butt-hurtness among members here (or there) than please disregard my nosiness.:eek:

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What actually happened to the gun section at PFF? I was never a member there but shortly after finding and joining this forum I developed an impression that this forum was born due to "issues" over there, of which I've never been quite clear on.

If however it's a subject that might cause any angst and butt-hurtness among members here (or there) than please disregard my nosiness.:eek:
    Simply put, there was an issue with members selling multiple firearms, for profit, through credit card transactions, without having an FFL. The owners at the time, felt there could be some liability, so the firearms section was deleted, and the members banned... this forum was created due to the lack of venue.

Both forums now have new owners. Any butthurt or resentment is comical in my opinion. It's literally been years since this happened.

As for the password reset, it's a total pain in the ass, but sometimes necessary to prevent information from falling in the wrong hands. I'm no IT expert, so I don't understand the ins and outs of it, I just did what the email stated and haven't skipped a beat since.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apparently the problem has been people used email addresses long ago to join PFF that are no longer active. I'm guilty of not keep info current on various forums but I got lucky. I still had my old address current so when PFF popped up and said there was a problem I logged into the old address and there it was. One click and I was back in.

Good lesson here to update your GCGF info if you've changed email addresses or providers.

The Pitt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

They didn't like that some people sole membership to the fishing forum was for the gun section only. They didn't like people essentially running a business on it. I mean there aren't any vendors on there anyway so who really cared?? Probably someone who is uncomfortable with people owning guns I suppose.

EDIT: There ya go. John B probably said it better then me.

Top Bottom