• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm going to have check the range rules where I shoot, and see if I am in compliance, may need to change the way I D/t, know not to shoot the pistol steel. just my 5 cents jj

shadeogray

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have heard numerous complaints regarding the big chubby grump that handles the range desk too. I don't know why this guy has not been let go. I mean how can you be a total jerk to your customers and still have a job?

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I had time to kill in between jobs last week and stopped in one more time looking for a possible new pistol... no shocker here, but I got treated like I was in some pawn shop in the slums. Their customer service sucks.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I had time to kill in between jobs last week and stopped in one more time looking for a possible new pistol... no shocker here, but I got treated like I was in some pawn shop in the slums. Their customer service sucks.
    Should come as no surprise. Pensacola Specialty pawn and the range are one in the same.

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Now, to be fair...once you get past "Ton" (that is how I describe him....don't know his name) at the front desk all the Range Officers that I have met in there are pretty nice and knowledgeable. I only go there in a pinch...when I just want to pop off a few rounds and or if I don't have too much time, but like I said, every time I go there, the RO's are pretty nice.

CAVU9

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just read on their website that they are going to require their members to buy targets and ammo from them. Did I read that correctly? I am retired military, so they have decent prices for range sessions or memberships, but I don't see a reason to buy a membership if I have to buy their ammo.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Where on the website did you see that? I just looked and didn't see that. I'm a member now and have never had to buy ammo or targets from them to shoot there but haven't been in a few weeks. If the policy has changed i M not gonna renew. I shoot there because its close to my house.

CAVU9

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is what looks like a letter to the membership. Copied from their website.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
    &
    HAPPY NEW YEAR

WE NEED YOUR HELP!

EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2016
    December 10, 2015

Dear Member,

We would like to thank each and every one of you for your business, your patience, and your support. We have had some challenging opportunities these last 18 months and apologize for not always having enough staff on hand to accommodate your needs. Due to increasing maintenance and staffing overhead, we would appreciate it and are requiring that you purchase your ammunition and targets from our facility. By doing this we will be able to purchase in volume lots and keep the ammunition prices competitive. Below you will see our current prices. If there is a particular brand of ammunition or target that you prefer please tell us about them, so that we may stock them for you.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    That's a very abrupt change to the terms of use "requiring" really? What a joke! Not the least bit surprising though, coming from the people who wanted to keep and sell their customers' brass.
    "Merry Christmass, Happy New Year and bend over!" Classy, very classy.
    I very much look forward to the day when it gets purchased by people who will run it like a shooting range and gun store , not a sleazy pawnshop.

Last edited:

CAVU9

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That is my problem. I was only in there once, but I experienced the terrible customer service that many others have detailed. It is however the closest facility to me to use. i may use their range on occasion and try to tolerate their personnel, but I will NOT buy a membership if this is a requirement.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sure am glad I didn't buy a membership when they pissed me off the first time I went in there... I'll gladly drive by them to go to SRSC.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If they need to increase prices to stay viable then they should just say so. The only Indoor range I've ever been to made you be their targets but it was cheaper than Walmart. Ammo is a different story.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom