• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    JJ did the hard stuff before I got there. He had to make 2 bushings to index this barrel. For those that don't know JJ, along about early December,
    he visited his Doc and was having some pain issues in his neck from an earlier injury. His Doc said surgery and soon. JJ wasn't near prepared for the aftermath. He had a tough (and he's still struggling some) recovery. I had deposited my beloved .243 rifle with him back in September. A week or so after I dropped off the barrel and the rifle, jj called me and told me the truth about the barrel I bought off ebay. Some ass clown took a chamber reamer and just worked out on this chamber for no good reason. I don't remember how many 1000ths it was out, but JJ did the research on exactly how to get it working. The rifling was flawless. The chamber was just screwed..but not so bad that it couldn't be fixed. JJ's main holdup was that torqing a barrel into an action required lots more juice than his Doc would allow. So, I was the muscleman. I mostly handed him tools and said uh-huh... and tried to soak up as much knowledge as I could. One more thing, if there's a fire near his lat/lon position and you're near, leave the area.

Long story short, jj made this thing 100% correct. I'm going to torque the scope back down tommorrow and head to the range with what could be described as a "new" 54 year old rifle. It's dead sexy.

Top Bottom