• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We're sitting good. We're cutoff from town right now if the reports are correct that 393 bridges are flooded and the bridge on Poverty Creek is flooded. Those are our two routes to town. We have no need or desire to get out so we'll just stay in and let the water recede.
    No worries though. It could be worse. Looks like a few roads over here are washed away and some folks houses flooded.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Couldn't figure out why my yard wasn't draining last night and there was a foot of water on Frank Reeder Rd. Once it drained after sunrise I found my neighbor's garbage can had corked up the culvert like a wine bottle. Had to use the Cat to pull it out.

Work (Coastal Airport) is now a seaplane base.

Attachments

• NCM_0173.jpg
      NCM_0173.jpg
      94.8 KB · Views: 196
    • NCM_0178-2.jpg
      NCM_0178-2.jpg
      206.3 KB · Views: 193

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have lived around the Mississippi River(See I can spell) most of my life and have seen more major floods than I care to remember but have NEVER seen so many roads washed out.

I laugh at the stupidy of some of the people driving through standing water,and those who drive through flowing water get what they deserve.

The people I do feel for tho are those who don't have flood insurance because they don't feel there homes will never flood. And for good reason. When something like this has never happened before and may never happen again in there life time.

I am grateful for the people that that had to go out and rescue those folks that didn't use there heads,and the ones working to restore there power. Am also glad more people weren't killed during this. It could have been alot worse.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't know what went on , I slept thru most of it, but the hurricane's didn't do this much dammage to roads that I can remember. It must have been ALOT of rain.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Finally got power back, pool was swamped by the surrounding yards and is black, not I got the pump on will take several days to clear up, nowhere to backwash right now though

wld1985

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    20+ inches of rain is what happened.. I've got some crazy pics too,but not sure how to post off my phone.. Some roads in Cresent lake are destroyed from what i hear,and have seen...

Dwatts.. I wonder the samething,wonder if it will have to have a bridge built now... Seanpcola, that is a nice cat, wish the boss would buy us one with the rubber tracks.. We have a 252B now that is a Hoss.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We ran into town and there isn't much damage out by us. The creeks are overflowing, but the bridges weren't flooded so we decided we might as well grab some watermelon and Blue Moon to go with dinner tonight. School cancelled again tomorrow so I get to stay up late and sleep in tomorrow. I feel like I"m 10 again.......................except I can drink beer without sneaking it.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    20+ inches of rain is what happened.. I've got some crazy pics too,but not sure how to post off my phone.. Some roads in Cresent lake are destroyed from what i hear,and have seen...

Dwatts.. I wonder the samething,wonder if it will have to have a bridge built now... Seanpcola, that is a nice cat, wish the boss would buy us one with the rubber tracks.. We have a 252B now that is a Hoss.

Yeah, I like the Cat but I prefer our RC100. More power, like the controls better and you can hit bypass and it'll double top speed. Makes a major difference if you're moving dirt or whatever across distances. The Cat does.have wider LGP tracks so it doesn't tear up the ground as much. I had just driven that one home from work (1 mile) last Friday to do some work at home. Came in handy.

Just got back from driving from Beulah to Regional airport and back. Wild sights. 9 mile east of Beulah Rd is washed halfway out.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I always wanted to fly a seaplane Sean.. Are any of Tony's working?
    I'll be driving up to my mom's house outside of Memphis on Friday. It'll take me right up hwy 45 through Columbus and Tupelo. I went to school for a couple of years up in Booneville and spent most of my date time/drunk time in Tupelo. I'd like to see what made it through the storm.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    going a bit further down 9 mile If you look to the south at the bridge closer to interstate there was a small car standing on it's nose about 100 yards from the bridge and looked like anothyer in the bushes

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    going a bit further down 9 mile If you look to the south at the bridge closer to interstate there was a small car standing on it's nose about 100 yards from the bridge and looked like anothyer in the bushes

Yep, I saw them too Dan. I've heard several rumors but I think they washed down there and were unoccupied. How about 9 Mile up by the campground/lake?

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It would have been very interesting to see just how much water ran down that hill? It must have been quite a torrent of a current. Like I said, hurricanes havn't done that much wash out. But looks like Beulah soaks it up pretty quickly, I see it going down alot more than down in Ensley. Lake Shriner is pretty much still the same from am to pm

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am very concerned that the whole road will be gone shortly, alot of big truck traffic and really not much left right by thr Tavern.

Top Bottom