• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    tolls that fill other people's pockets (government) and last forever.

I saw from article that it is primarily bond financed. Wonder if it'll be an albatross like Garcon was under bondholder control? They were showing some angst over potential toll avoidance with alt routes thru Mobile. I'm sure not paying $5.50 each way for the once a decade I go over there.

seandizzie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is this basically crapping on any hazmat truckers as that is the route they must take.

Its been years since I have been across it and dere wernt much in da way of traffic den.

44Ruger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well, the government actually helped here (believe it or not). It seems that the FL DOT took ownership of the Garcon Point bridge in Gulf Breeze, reducing the toll from $5 to $2.75, and even less for sunpass users.

And, I'll admit to being a displaced yankee :eek:. I was born & raised in Michigan but have lived in the south since 1986 (Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, and now Florida). I know, still a yankee, right?
    I think ya'll are good in Gulf Breeze. I was told by an old Reb down in Bayou La Batre all them Yankee's live north of I-10.

o_O

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Toll Roads are like gun-control laws: totally unnecessary and the product of ignorant-or-evil people.

According to the article, they are taking public comments until July 15th:

Just leave a first name and last name and your comments. That’s it. No email or physical address or phone number required.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    But wait (as the TV commercial goes). I read that as soon as the bridge is paid off they will remove the toll!

Well.....they did remove the toll on the Navarre bridge. But, it was never private and the toll was there a long time. And, it's the only one I know of. So, IMA go with, no, they won't remove it.

SGT58

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well, the government actually helped here (believe it or not). It seems that the FL DOT took ownership of the Garcon Point bridge in Gulf Breeze, reducing the toll from $5 to $2.75, and even less for sunpass users.

And, I'll admit to being a displaced yankee :eek:. I was born & raised in Michigan but have lived in the south since 1986 (Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, and now Florida). I know, still a yankee, right?
    No, a D**n Yankee. That’s the badge earned by those who come down here and don’t go back. The rest are just plain old Yankees.

Danwin22

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm 83, born in 1939? Spent my first 39 years in upstate NY, got tired of stupid gun laws, taxes and liberals so I moved to Florida in 1978.

I've been here 44 years so I've been here for the majority of my life.

Fordtudor37

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The exact words you are looking for is "Control, Crime regulation and Greed". By requiring you to use secondary roads or bridge spans, they can control what areas you frequent unless you desire to pay thier "luxury tax" (aka pass) to use "thier roads". -- This IS pure New York democratic policy and we have seen it in New York (The Empress State), Connecticut (The Corruption State), Massachusetts (Mass-a-Useless), New Jersey and Delaware (The delusional State) for years. -- By purchasing property for more then it is worth they can control who lives in the area, and who frequents the roads (aka road repairs will be done there first, just watch) and what type of stores go into the surrounding areas. By controlling which roads are used they can keep the trailer trucks to one or maybe two roads and control when thier "noise abatement" hours "should be" set so that those with thier nose can be higher then thier skull cavity, so they can feel superior to the "rest of you". The monies collected will do road repairs but in those upper priced areas first because "You want to draw tourism into the area don't you" and everyone else will pay for it. --- Yes over here in Pensacola there is a massive amount of building and has been for the last three years due to Navy Federal and soon the Amazon warehouse going in, and they still have not upgraded any intersection stoplight issues (many school buses in danger daily on Nine Mile) so get ready for even more traffic as Navy Federal is supposedly stopping all "Work From Home" and that alone will mean another 250 houses or condo's BEFORE the Amazon warehouse is even started. -- WHEN DO THEY START THINKING ABOUT UPGRADING - THE SEPTIC SYSTEM, THE WATER SYSTEM, HOSPITALS, GROCERY STORES, Police Departments, Fire Departments, Fuel stations, should I go on ? ---- We moved down seven years ago due to my health and my wife's career as a nurse. It was nice then, but once the building started for businesses (Navy Federal, Strip Malls, Condo Associations, Housing Developments, etc.), everything has gone down the toilet, as no one seems to be thinking ahead two to three years, or at least until next week.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WHEN DO THEY START THINKING ABOUT UPGRADING - THE SEPTIC SYSTEM, THE WATER SYSTEM, HOSPITALS, GROCERY STORES, Police Departments, Fire Departments, Fuel stations, should I go on ?

You're kidding, right? That's called "concurrency", which was done away with years ago. Or, making growth "pay its way". Bergosh recently noted they needed to look at bringing it back to Escambia, but good luck! It's too late, anyway. Santa Rosa is also lost.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm 83, born in 1939? Spent my first 39 years in upstate NY, got tired of stupid gun laws, taxes and liberals so I moved to Florida in 1978.

I've been here 44 years so I've been here for the majority of my life.

We'll keep ya.

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    But, somebody's got to move here to need all the toll roads/bridges and other spendy infrastructure. Might as well blame the Northerners. Pretty much the whole country has found out about the area now. Even for the crazy prices we see, people from many other areas think they are getting a "bargain" on their $300k starter home.
    It's true. I sometimes check the address of customers on google maps when I make a high end sale to see where it's going, and recently I looked at a 1600 square foot two bedroom home in California. That sucker last sold for $1.6M. And it was a fairly run down looking neighborhood. Real estate here looks like a dream to these people.

Reactions: WRM

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Toll revenue bonds are just a horrible way to fund infrastructure and it's government passing the buck for not properly budgeting for infrastructure costs and upkeep. Too many social programs draining the coffers.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's true. I sometimes check the address of customers on google maps when I make a high end sale to see where it's going, and recently I looked at a 1600 square foot two bedroom home in California. That sucker last sold for $1.6M. And it was a fairly run down looking neighborhood. Real estate here looks like a dream to these people.

If they came from Cali, everything here looks like a dream. Thus the reason they're pouring in and Newsom is crying for em to come back.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    if i ever decide to sell, it will be at california prices...

Latest posts

Top Bottom