• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Lowe's and Home Depot aren't as bad as West Marine, or at least the one in FWB. Not only are they clueless but their pricing is absurd. $25 for a simple on-off toggle switch at West that I can get from Amazon for $8, that's highway robbery!

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    John that is the only reason I was in there, was working on the Navigation lights on my boat and discovered the switch was bad. Bought the $25 replacement from West and went home to try it out, seems that switch was bad too. Before returning the switch I went online to check the prices since by that time it was going to be another few days before I could work on it again. That is when I noticed the price difference. I understand a store charging a little more for the local convenience but when a simple off-on toggle switch is 3 times what you can get it for online that is ridiculous. West Marine will remain a place I go to when I need something the same day, other than that I'll be shopping online.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is how I feel every time I go into Lowes or Home Depot:

Iknowmorethanyou_20140331.jpg

Yep. I'm very humble when asking advice on something I don't know, especially plumbing. Where I get Poed is the fact that most of the time I can't find anyone to help me when I need it but when I walk in, know what I'm doing and what I need I'll get some guy that comes up, asks what I'm working on and then tell me Im wrong, he's some expert and I need to buy what he tells me. I mean, if I'm doing something and somebody comes up with a better suggestion great, I'll thank him immensely and go his way but I do a lot of weird projects and sometimes someone else can't make a judgement call because they haven't been to my house, seen what I'm doing nor do they comprehend what I'm trying to accomplish.

That happened one day real bad at Lowes. I was setting up my new 250 gallon aquarium with dual 350 GPH filtration systems, a waste water dump to the outside so I didn't have to carry dirty fish water by hand and just make water changes a snap. I had been designing for a year, talked to pros, talked to plumbers and had a huge list of materials, parts and pieces. I walk in, get a basket, open my shopping list and start grabbing items. Some punk doodle walks up and asks if he can help. I very nicely said that I really appreciate it but I know what I need, got the list and he can help the other customer waiting for him. He insists I tell him what I'm doing. Uhhh, OK and I give a brief description, again thank him and go back to picking. He starts firing questions at me and I get a little irritated because I'm concentrating on that huge list of parts.

Right here is where it went south. He grabs my notebook with all my plumbing schematics and parts lists right out of my fingers and starts studying. Pet Peeve: Do NOT ever grab paperwork out of my hand while I'm reading.

I reached over and took it back with "the look" and went to scanning for parts again. He begins telling me my plan is wrong, why was I doing this that way, shit like that. I calmed down, mentioned that this is more than just filtering water and without seeing my particular setup, placement in my house and what I was doing he wouldn't have a clue.

He gives me a nasty look and says "I'll have you know I was the Master Aquarist at the Gulfarium in Ft Walton for several years. You need to listen to me!".

I looked back at him and in a voice that carried at least two aisles I replied "Well, you must not have been any fucking good at it, you're working part time in Lowe's".

That shut him up.

Sometime I'll chronicle my kitchen appliance experience at Home Depot.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have this one with the star cluster. Earned it during my first marriage.

Attachments

• 13254525_10209966620550052_7628620454677843014_n.jpg
      13254525_10209966620550052_7628620454677843014_n.jpg
      25 KB · Views: 225

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      66 KB · Views: 259
    • image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      15.9 KB · Views: 258
    • image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      23.6 KB · Views: 275
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg