• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not really an update, but I did join the FOP Lodge 43. I plan on going to the FOP range this weekend and scoping it out. I originally thought it was more than just a 25yd handgun range, but that's all it is. If there are any other members there, I'll ask them about doing any kind of competitive shooting there.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not really an update, but I did join the FOP Lodge 43. I plan on going to the FOP range this weekend and scoping it out. I originally thought it was more than just a 25yd handgun range, but that's all it is. If there are any other members there, I'll ask them about doing any kind of competitive shooting there.

where is this range located ... is this the one off of cord-13 ??
    it would be nice to handgun site new stuff without going to hunt'n camp or styx. ..........:rockon:

thanks

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What's involved in shooting that range ?
    I have heard a few stories. thanks

For me, it was as simple as applying for membership following the steps here: http://www.foplodge43.org/forms.html

You fill out the form, send a copy of your current Pistol Permit and a check for $50. I sent mine in about a week before the monthly meeting and got the confirmation about 2 weeks later.

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For me, it was as simple as applying for membership following the steps here: http://www.foplodge43.org/forms.html

You fill out the form, send a copy of your current Pistol Permit and a check for $50. I sent mine in about a week before the monthly meeting and got the confirmation about 2 weeks later.
    That's the way I did it. They have a monthly meeting the second Thursday of every month. I received my membership card on the Saturday after the meeting.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let us know how it is. I'm real close to there and would love to "belong" to a range instead of paying $15/hr everytime I shoot. That makes me shoot only twice month.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Will do. The great thing about the FOP range is that it's only 4 minutes from my house. I can get up on Sat morning and shoot for an hour before I really start my day. I will definitely be shooting there quite a bit.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That's the way I did it. They have a monthly meeting the second Thursday of every month. I received my membership card on the Saturday after the meeting.

I plan on attending at least some of the meetings, but I'm going to be out of town during the June meeting.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm actually going to check out the range first thing tomorrow morning. Probably shoot for a couple hours.

It’s possible I might see you there in the morning. Just look for the tall handsome dude driving a white 2500 HD Chevy Silverado. :madgrin:

I suspect you will be driving a Jeep.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It’s possible I might see you there in the morning. Just look for the tall handsome dude driving a white 2500 HD Chevy Silverado. :madgrin:

I suspect you will be driving a Jeep.

I hope so. And yes sir geen jeep and wearing my GCGF shirt. Our fearless wiener (leader?) is supposed to be there also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’ll try to get there between 8:30 and 9:00, or right after I have had my 3rd cup of coffee. :ranger:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I’ll try to get there between 8:30 and 9:00, or right after I have had my 3rd cup of coffee. :ranger:

If I had 3 cups of coffee, my hands would be shaking so much that I would drop the gun. I just started the coffee pot, but I think I'm going to stick with one cup.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I enjoyed meeting and shooting with you guys, Brant thanks for the invite. Let me know when you guys want to meet up again, I will be sending my application in asap!

Top Bottom