• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NFA Trust Attorney

bhamlin@hamlinlawfirm.com
    Thanks I will give you a call next week. If you will edit your signature with your name # and addy it would help folks trying to contact you, Just like your business card..Thanks

Sounds good, and thanks for the suggestion. I'm still trying to figure out the forum, but I think I figured out the signature. Lets see...

NFA Trust Attorney

So, With the trust, am I able to leave the state with the device? I want a suppressor for Texas hunting. Thanks.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Absolutely...with the permission of the ATF. In the trust package, I include the appropriate ATF permission form to travel out of state with the item.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    So, With the trust, am I able to leave the state with the device? I want a suppressor for Texas hunting. Thanks.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

You still have the same forms to fill out with or w/o a trust..I just think a Trust carrying a NFA item gives you a little more validity in the other jurisdiction, looks more legal and official.

NFA Trust Attorney

You still have the same forms to fill out with or w/o a trust..I just think a Trust carrying a NFA item gives you a little more validity in the other jurisdiction, looks more legal and official.

Right, you use the same ATF form 5320.20 as an entity as you would as an individual. I'm not sure if a trust would give you more validity or not. Some uninformed LEO may see out of state tags on your vehicle, an MG-42 in the back, and when you show him/her a trust... One of the greatest functions of the trust is giving your designated persons the ability to possess the trust items without you being present. I recommend taking a validated trust, reduce the font to make it a one pager, laminate it, and keep it with the item. Your buddy, wife, dad, whoever it may be, designated on your trust can take the item, with a valid 5320.20, and can go hunting in Texas even without you.

RackinRay

Master
    Bryan, is there any court/legal filing of the trust required for establishment, or ever need for management of the trust, or should management be addressed in the questionnaire/paperwork to establish the trust?

For example, if a family trust is established and it s later desired that a trust member to be removed; can it be done by the original trustee alone, or is any addition legal assistance needed to remove a trust member?

NFA Trust Attorney

Bryan, is there any court/legal filing of the trust required for establishment, or ever need for management of the trust, or should management be addressed in the questionnaire/paperwork to establish the trust?

For example, if a family trust is established and it s later desired that a trust member to be removed; can it be done by the original trustee alone, or is any addition legal assistance needed to remove a trust member?

No there is never a need for any court/legal filing of the trust for establishment. Once the trust is signed and notarized, it is a valid trust. As to your management question, a more detailed answer is explained in the paperwork provided with the trust, but basically you can manage the trust anyway you'd like, or you could do nothing after it's established. There are no annual requirements, like a corporation, to do anything. You and who you designate as a co-trustee are at liberty to remove a successor trustee, etc. No additional legal assistance is needed for the life of the trust. I'd be glad to answer any questions after the creation of the trust, but during the life of the trust you generally would not need any additional legal assistance.

RackinRay

Master
    Got my trust paperwork from Bryan. Comprehensive package including FAQs. Had a few questions he rapidly answered after I received the paperwork. Great service at a great price!

Thanks again Bryan!

wareagle50

Master
    Bryan is a great guy, he use to work with my Fiancé, and she's got nothing but great things to say about him. What a great deal fo the GCGF to take advantage of. Thanks

Top Bottom