HD Tactical

Newbie here...with Fl .pistol ownership/possession law questions...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullauto

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Without sounding too ignorant...pls enlighten me as to Florida's pistol law.
    First,would it be legal in Fl. to possess a couple handguns in my private residence(only)....and not acquire a CCL ?
    This assumes i will not travel with the guns just utilize them as home protection weapons.
    Secondly,do they have do be individually registered whether or not i require a CCL ?
    Thirdly,can an out-of-state pistol permit be used as satisfactory proof to waive instruction course to acquire Fl. CCL ?
    Finally....thanks for the patience with answering my 'most likely' simple questions !
    signed, new Florida (Panhandler)residents :peace:

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You do not need to register them,they are fine in your house as long as not ccw.Your existing CCL could be recipricated by the state,you would have to check the Dept. of AG. WEBSITE REGARDING THIS. As far as I have been told with the instruction requirement is just that.You will need to provideproof of firearms instruction,I used my Alabama Hunters ED. card,as it is recognized by the state,hope this helps you somewhat

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ok on the CCW your out of state card will not move over to a fl ccw. but if you have you cert you got from your intructor it may. and as for the gun with travel you can have it loaded and ready in your home vehical and buisness in your car it must have one step to get it it can not be concealed on you. it can be in the glove box or in a hoster or purse.

fullauto

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, as i understand u both....i can possess a handgun in my home,vehicle or on my person in the state of Florida w/o acquiring a license or permit which u'all refer to as ccl or ccw. I'm legal in the eyes of the law as long as i don't attempt to conceal it in any fashion...other than home storage ???
    I'm pretty sure the 8hr handgun safety course taken while residing in N.Y. should qualify as prior class instruction & was a requirement to obtain the actual N.Y. state- pistol permit (a dreaded process which usually takes 6-8 months of beaurocracy/red tape & is expensive !!
    I will check to verify with Fl. Dept of Agr.that i'm not in violation of any (technical) law.
    - Thanks for the info -

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    avitar

You may want to loose the helmet, mask and sunglasses before you go to check with agg office, it may send up a red flag!

jt7051

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In the House your OK loaded or Unloaded.
    In the Car ok Loaded or Unloaded as long as it's incased. (In the Glove compartment, Console, even in a zipper bag under your seat). On your Person in the car it's considered conceal carry.
    FLORIDA'S RECIPROCITY STATES
    Alabama (1,3,5)
    Alaska (1)
    Arizona (6)
    Arkansas (1)
    Colorado (1,4)
    Delaware
    Georgia (1)
    Idaho (3,6)
    Indiana (1,3,6)
    Iowa (6)
    Kansas (1)
    Kentucky
    Louisiana (1)
    Michigan (1,4)
    Mississippi (1)
    Missouri
    Montana (3)
    Nebraska (1)
    New Hampshire (1,3,4,6)
    New Mexico (1)
    North Carolina (1)
    North Dakota (3,6)
    Ohio (1)
    Oklahoma (1)
    Pennsylvania (1,6)
    South Carolina (1,4,6)
    South Dakota (1,3)
    Tennessee (1,6)
    Texas (1,3,6)
    Utah (1,6)
    Vermont (2)
    Virginia (1,6)
    Washington (1,6)
    West Virginia (1)
    Wyoming (1,3)

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html

If you have CCL from one of these states your good to Conceal Carry in FL in transition. As soon as you get a FL Drivers Lic. You need to get a Florida CCL. As far as training if you took an NRA approved course in your Home state it should carry over to FL, if not take Florida's Hunter Education Course. It's Free can do most of it online only requires one day to go shoot with the class and it counts for CCL traing in FL

http://myfwc.com/hunting/safety-education

fullauto

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    JT- very informative & helpful info ....thanks very much...i'm signed-up for recv'g notice on next local hunter ed. course !
    Happy Thanksgiving to all gcgf members !!

Top Bottom