• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Got a Ruger American Ranch Rifle chambered in 300BLK a little while back and fell in love with how it carried,and better still ... how it shoots ... and even mo-bedda still ... how it absolutely loves THE premium 300BLK bullet,the Barnes 110gr TAC-TX. Enclose is a pic of the typical 50yd. groups that I got with this bullet the first time I tried them.

I will be involved in some deer depredation hunting in the near future and didn't want the potential hassle of explaining myself and weapon to any LEO that does not know the law and could possibly confiscate my weapon until the details are figured out/cleared up. Soooooo ......... I took my thermal off the 10.5" 6.8 and installed it on this RARR.

The gun weighs 8lbs 4ozs as you see it,with a mag of 5 inserted. The OAL is 35 inches. It balances pretty well with it being slightly butt heavy.

Even with it's 16" bbl it will shoot the above bullet at 2400fps. The bullet will expand reliably down to 1400fps. Barnes developed this bullet expressly for the 300BLK.

Will sight it in tonight and give it a try tomorrow night. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• DSC01068.JPG
      DSC01068.JPG
      291 KB · Views: 173
    • DSC01072.JPG
      DSC01072.JPG
      476 KB · Views: 169

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If you are referring to tissue damage to the animal,it has already been proven. Same gun(same twist rate,1:7),same bullet speed,same bullet.

There are pics on this forum(and many others)of hogs and deer taken with the 300BLK using this bullet. This is the ONLY bullet for the Blackout that has NO bad press whatsoever as far as terminal ballistics. Really! ....... It's that good. --- SAWMAN
    EDIT TO ADD: BTW,these bullets are on sale right now at Midway. Best price I have ever seen. I got mine.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    RSCN2859.JPG RSCN2858.JPG

Barnes 110gr black tip bullet recovered from 170 pound boar shot about 50 yd away. Hog ran about 30-40 yd and dropped. Through left shield, shoulder, chest, right shoulder, and stopped just under hide on opposite side in the right shield. Did not hit any shoulder or leg bones. The same amount of penetration I get with the Nosler 125gr Ballistic Tip bullet, but with more expansion. Part of 1 petal broke off in hog. 3 hogs and 1 coyote killed by me with the Barnes 110gr so far. 1 hog shot in head with bullet then going through neck and exiting through lower chest. 1 hog shot in neck with bullet exiting near the off side shoulder. I will try it for deer this year. I get an average of 2393fps at 4' from the chronograph with the Ruger American Ranch Rifle (RARR) in 300BLK that I use for night hunting. My day time RARR gives 2419fps average with the same load with fine accuracy from both rifles.

PS. The inside of the chest of the hog shot with the Barnes bullet looked like an M80 went off inside the chest.

Attachments

• RSCN2859.JPG
      RSCN2859.JPG
      14.9 KB · Views: 143
    • RSCN2858.JPG
      RSCN2858.JPG
      14.4 KB · Views: 146
    Top Bottom