• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So the last few months I have been debating on which type of caliber I wanted to have as a long range play rig. Also something fun to just be able to shoot. I really wanted a .260 but it is hard pressed to find a factory rifle in a .260. Either it is 6.5 creedmoor or .308 and I didn't want a 6.5 creedmoor (mainly because of brass) so I found Remingtons new "magpul" edition. Of course it comes with the Magpul hunter stock which will eventually be switched out but who knows this stock might grow on me. It sports a 22" heavy barrel with 5R rifling, barrel and reciever come cerakoted from the factory. I mean all and all not a bad deal for $875.
    On the rifle:
    Vortex PST 4-16X50 FFP
    EQW 20 MOA rail
    Vortex bubble level
    2 stage Timney Calvin Elite Straight Trigger
    Harris Bipod
    JP Brake

Took her to the range Sunday loaded with 130gr Hornady ELDM, Powder H4831SC, Hornady Brass, and winchester primers.... Well it ended up being an aggrevating trip. I had 8 miss fires out of about 40 rounds fired. After my father inspecting the brass he found out the the primers were .027" below flush.... Primers were seated to deep which ends up primer pockets to deep... Aggrevating all together I'm curious to what Hornady will say but knowing their customer service I shouldn't have a single problem. Eventially I'll be able to work up a load lmao.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
      Capture1.PNG
      76.7 KB · Views: 158
    • Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      126.2 KB · Views: 166
    Last edited:

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Brandon, reading the specs on it, it should be a real good rifle, 1-8 twist and aluminum bedding block. If you can not get it to shoot like you want try H-414 and 120gr SMKs set to .003 off. Push it until it shoots one hole, it is how 414 reacts to a top end load with 120s.

Top Bottom