• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trying to get enough stuff to start scoring our matches with Practiscore. So far I've been able to find a Nook Simple Touch (the one recommended) for $20 on craigslist. We need about 4 more of these. One for each squad and one or two extras just in case. We also need an older Ipad (gen 1 or 2 would work fine) to use as a master for registration and syncing the results. I've seen these on Craigslist as well for around $100. If anyone has one lying around and can bear to part with it, let me know. We could also use Ipod Touch's for scoring but they say the battery is almost dead after 4 stages. Not a problem with our club, but don't wanna risk it. We COULD use our smart phones....lord knows almost everyone has one, but the android version has issues with IDPA right now. IOs phones work fine. Also need a wifi router of some sort. Don't need it to connect to the internet, just for syncing between the scoring Nooks and the Master Ipad. We could use a wifi hotspot off one of our smart phones, but if anyone has an old wireless router collection dust in the closet, let me know. I'm willing to donate 4 Nooks and hopefully an Ipad to the club to help make this work. After shooting a few matches that use it, walking up to the router after packing up my gear and pulling the final results off the master Ipad while walking to the truck has got some of us spoiled! Full match results as soon as the last shooter is scored! Initial "registration" will take some time to input but once a shooter is registered, the next match, he's already in there and you just have to click his name and you're done! No more illegible score sheets! lol If anyone wants to help donate to this or has any of the above hardware, PM me and we'll work out the details. Thanks! John.

Skippy02

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Think I've got a router I'd be willing to donate, I'll check tomorrow and verify

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have some pencil's and paper the battery's don't go out, and the infor. don't get lost as easily. But you do have to watch out for the wind, it is easier to make correction's. Just my 2 cents

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thanks JJ. We've been using that method for a long time now and have never had a problem with batteries running out. Just trying to allow technology to make life easier.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Does it have to be a nook or could it be android tablet?

We buy iPads for work refurbished from Apple all the time. I can look in to getting one if you like.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    from what I've found out so far....
    Practiscore works perfect on IOs tablets (iPads) and Iphones, but go figure...the IDPA scoring section is still being fixed for the Android system. There is a workaround and several clubs have been using it for a while like it is. I've already picked up a Nook Simple Touch. I'll have to get a 2g micro SD for it so I can root it. Once we have enough nooks or tablets or iPod touch's, I'll hit you guys up for the routers that have offered. For those wanting to donate cash....I think the only thing that's going to be even remotely expensive will be the iPad. Again, I've seen these on craigslist and ebay for $100. I might score me and a few others with my phone during the Saturday match to see how it performs with just using my smartphone. If anyone else wants to download practiscore to their phone, it's free. Thanks for the offers, everyone! I think we should be able to come up with enough hardware pretty soon. It'll be a slow merge into a new scoring system. Hell, I haven't even brought it up to Mike, yet. Was gonna try to surprise him....well..."Surprise!" lol

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yup. got it yesterday and have already started to tinker with it.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Cool, looks like the routers are covered I'll keep fishing for another nook.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    There are two nooks on the Pensacola Craigslist. One for $35 and one for $50. I messaged them to see if they are available. There is also and iPad 1 for $100. Let me know if you need any of these. I can pick them up if they are still available.

Top Bottom