Patriot Mobile

Navarre Walmart just rolled out the ammo cart!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnuskrans

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Navarre Walmart just rolled out the ammo cart! Now with links to ammo on pg 2!

Just picked up 3 boxes of federal .223 value packs of 100 rds. Tried to give me the old "if it isn't in the case, it's not in stock" till I showed them where it showed as in stock on the website and threatened to escalate to a mgr. or corporate phone call. Next thing you know here comes this big cart of ammo like a miracle! They had alot of calibers on that cart, go go go!!! They appeared to be unloading the cart into the case when I left. I saw .223, .45, and .308 for sure on there. One of the cases of .223 had already been opened and the lady said "oh, somebody must have already sold some?" Even though the ammo had only been off the truck for mere seconds...supposedly.

Last edited:

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I wonder if any will be left at 0500 tomorrow when on my drive to work...(fingers and toes crossed)

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I could be wrong but, I don't doubt they are sandbagging and bringing this stuff out in tiers. I saw a case of .223 this morning that had been opened/dropped and all the boxes were open as if they just poured them in and threw the bullet cartons in on top of it. Was at the store the other night when an associate was loading the glass case. Said they found another case of bullets in addition to what they were putting out. I could be wrong and I don't work at the store but don't they store all the ammo in one place? How does one find another case of ammo? Maybe it out of sight shoved under the pile of ARs leaning against the wall. :juggle:

Last edited:

Videography

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Once the $650 olypmic arms start flowing again we can all be happy, you know they are probably getting them

Creighton had tula 45. in stock today

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shows the value packs in stock at blue angel also...called ar 1045 pm and they say its not put out till 7 am. I don't need any. Check the Walmart website for that store and make them go to the back n get it if its in like he said :)

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didnt know you could check each individual stores website for inventory.. Smart..

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just left Blue Angel Walmart. Online it shows they have the Federal 100 round boxes of .223 in stock but of course I got the run around. I asked the CSM if I give him a upc # shouldn't he be able to put it into the computer and it will tell if it is in stock and how much is on hand. He hemmed and hawed and never would answer my question or take the upc number I'm staring at on the website where it states: Give this number to an associate to help find this item at your store. Said he didn't know anything about how the ammo was stored, stocked, and inventoried.

Nice customer service huh? To add insult to injury as I'm walking away he starts talking to another associate about how he wants a kel-tec KSG Shotgun, goes on to describe it and it's features in detail and how hard they are to come by and how much over retail they go for on Auction sites. So I'm supposed to believe a guy who knows what a Kel-Tec KSG is and the current market for it has no clue about the ammo situation at this store.

Got home and called to ask to speak to the night manager in charge. Was told her name but they had not seen her around in a while. I know you can't expect much for 7.50 an hour but dang. I then get a "shift manager" to whom I pose this question very politely. Yes M'aam if I'm looking at an item on-line and it has a UPC # would you be able to look it up and tell me if it is in stock. It's showing in stock and I just want to make sure it's there before I drive over. She proceeds to tell me yes of course she can give me that info and ask for the UPC number. I give her the number and then she ask for the product description. I tell her it's federal .223 ammo and am immediately put on hold. She comes back and tells me the item is not even sold at their store. I say that's strange because I have purchased it their many times before. She proceeds to tell me that it must have been discontinued to which I ask why does it show in stock for this store on-line when it was showing out of stock yesterday.

More BS and no resolution. I now firmly believe the overnight employees are buying this up and it's never seeing the shelf and the managers are in on it. It will show out of stock as soon as the last box is purchased by an employee no doubt. I do not for one second believe that the biggest retailer in the world doesn't have an accurate inventory system that lets them know exactly where and how much of an item is in their store and that it updates real-time with the on-line inventory available to customers.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shows the value packs in stock at blue angel also...called ar 1045 pm and they say its not put out till 7 am. I don't need any. Check the Walmart website for that store and make them go to the back n get it if its in like he said :)

That's funny I was told they don't even carry it. It will never see the shelf. I've been watching the online stock go in and out and getting the run around every freaking time I'm in the store with the webpage pulled up showing their store with the item status showing in stock. I'm sick of this crap and am making a formal complaint to corporate. They lied through their teeth right to my face. My wife used to me an asst. manager at Wal-Mart and said the ass chewin wasn't pretty for the store manager when corporate gets complaints. And of course they pass along the misery to everyone underneath them.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just left Blue Angel Walmart. Online it shows they have the Federal 100 round boxes of .223 in stock but of course I got the run around. I asked the CSM if I give him a upc # shouldn't he be able to put it into the computer and it will tell if it is in stock and how much is on hand. He hemmed and hawed and never would answer my question or take the upc number I'm staring at on the website where it states: Give this number to an associate to help find this item at your store. Said he didn't know anything about how the ammo was stored, stocked, and inventoried.

Nice customer service huh? To add insult to injury as I'm walking away he starts talking to another associate about how he wants a kel-tec KSG Shotgun, goes on to describe it and it's features in detail and how hard they are to come by and how much over retail they go for on Auction sites. So I'm supposed to believe a guy who knows what a Kel-Tec KSG is and the current market for it has no clue about the ammo situation at this store.

Got home and called to ask to speak to the night manager in charge. Was told her name but they had not seen her around in a while. I know you can't expect much for 7.50 an hour but dang. I then get a "shift manager" to whom I pose this question very politely. Yes M'aam if I'm looking at an item on-line and it has a UPC # would you be able to look it up and tell me if it is in stock. It's showing in stock and I just want to make sure it's there before I drive over. She proceeds to tell me yes of course she can give me that info and ask for the UPC number. I give her the number and then she ask for the product description. I tell her it's federal .223 ammo and am immediately put on hold. She comes back and tells me the item is not even sold at their store. I say that's strange because I have purchased it their many times before. She proceeds to tell me that it must have been discontinued to which I ask why does it show in stock for this store on-line when it was showing out of stock yesterday.

More BS and no resolution. I now firmly believe the overnight employees are buying this up and it's never seeing the shelf and the managers are in on it. It will show out of stock as soon as the last box is purchased by an employee no doubt. I do not for one second believe that the biggest retailer in the world doesn't have an accurate inventory system that lets them know exactly where and how much of an item is in their store and that it updates real-time with the on-line inventory available to customers.

Someone here said that the LP guys get 1st dibs. The managers and all are in on it. But what can you do about it?

I literally just left the Wal Mart Creighton. Got my 3 boxes of .308. I asked the lady what time she gets off. She said 7am. I asked her if I come back at 5, when I get off, can I get three more. She said she would let me, just find her. (Itll be after midnight, new day.-Her words somewhat) Just depends on what store you hit maybee.

hot reels

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just called and asked to speak with sporting goods, I was immediately told that they have NO ammo in stock. Never even got transferred
    Sky.

Magnuskrans

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didnt know you could check each individual stores website for inventory.. Smart..

Here's some direct links for you guys!

Walmart Item Links:

CLICK: Check store availability for this product.
    Enter Zip Code

Rifle:

.223 / 5.56

Federal-Ammunition-223-Rem-55gr-Full-Metal-Jacket-100ct
    Federal-Cartridge-5.56mmx45mm-62gr-FMJ-Ball-Clipped-Ammo-Can-420-Rounds
    TULAMMO-.223-Remington-Full-Metal-Jacket-55-grain-Ammunition-20-rounds
    Remington-UMC-.223-Rem-MC-50pk
    Winchester-Full-Metal-Jacket-5.56mm
    American-Eagle-223-REM-55GR-FMJ-20rd

.22LR

CCI-22LR-Copper-Plated-40gr-Round-Nose-100ct
    Federal-Ammunition-22LR-36gr-Copper-Plated-550ct
    Remington-.22-Rimfire-Hollow-Point-225ct
    Winchester-22LR-Hollow-Point-Rounds-555pk
    CCI-22-LR-Tactical-Bullets-375-Count

7.62x39

TULAMMO-7.62x39-Full-Metal-Jacket-122-grain-ammunition-20-rounds
    Winchester-7.62-X-39-VP-123-Grain-Full-Metal-Jacket

Pistol:

9mm

Federal-9mm-100-Round-GMJ-Ammunition-Pack

Winchester-45-Automatic-230-Grain-USA-Full-Metal-Jacket-100pk
    Winchester-USA-Full-Metal-Jacket-.45-50pk
    Federal-45-ACP-230-Grain-100-Round-FMJ-Ammunition-Pack
    Remington-UMC-.45-Auto-Jacketed-Hollow-Point-100pk

Winchester-380-Auto-Full-Metal-Jacket-50ct

You can also track all these using the Walmart app for your phone, its great for tracking this stuff!

From what I've read, if it says 'in stock' that means they have a case or more in stock, if it says 'limited stock' they have less than a case left, if it says 'out of stock' well you know...
    If you feel like you are being jerked around by the sporting goods staff (almost a certainty I'm afraid) and can't get any help from the on-duty manager then you should call 1-800-925-6278 and file a complaint.
    Be polite, but remain firm. Print out or write down the UPC numbers from the webpages and ask them (or any walmart associate) to enter them in the handheld scanner and show you how many are in stock.
    There is a possibility that it hasn't been offloaded from the truck yet but if you have been watching it as 'in stock' from the night before and it still shows 'in stock' the next afternoon, then its there. Walmart doesn't take 24 hours to unload a truck, they don't operate that way.
    Follow proper chain of command procedure so if you wind up escalating it later you can say you did the right thing...SG clerks, then customer service desk, then on-duty manager, then corporate phone call and follow up email.
    Again, be nice, be polite, but hold your ground or they will brush you off like the flakes on their shoulders...

I'm not telling everyone to run out and start piling up complaints against these guys but the FACT is: Some of these people are, for some reason, purposely dicking around with the ammo situation at their particular stores. Whether they are holding it back for themselves, a family member, or a friend or just plain think it's funny messing with all the poor souls looking for ammo continuously, who knows. They know everyone wants ammo but they take their time and unload the truck...then take their time to bring it out on the cart...then they take their time getting it in the case...yeah right. I don't see this happening with other products in the store, but its automatic when it comes to the ammo apparently :wacko: This isn't an isolated thing either, there are plenty of posts on other forums about this stuff happening all over the country.

Happy Hunting!

Last edited:

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well low and behold I just went to Blue Angel Wal-Mart and what do I see but the 100 round packs of Federal .223 I was told is not carried at the Blue-Angel store last night. There was one box left on the shelf when I left but the status still shows in stock - not even limited stock. I don't buy the crap that inventory isn't updated real time. The World's largest and richest retailer has an accurate real-time POS system. Strange how the Navarre Wal-mart is showing out of stock and it didn't take a couple of days for the online status to "catch-up" as I've been told by various different folks at Wal-Mart.

I'm betting once that one box is gone the next poor sucker asking for the ammo showing in stock will get the run around. Wonder were the rest of that stock is stashed for the employes to purchase at the end of their shifts? The really funny thing is the manager who got the guy to open the ammo shelf for me was talking to him like he was a disobedient kid and he kind of had the look of a sulking little kid who's dad just told him he had to share. Head down and wouldn't look me in the eye or converse like a normal transaction. It's the dangest thing I've ever seen. I guess us annoying customers were moving in on their private stash.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lmao. I rolled up in the wallyworld in pace last night about midnight just to prove a point. The fact that there was a wally employee selling .22lr at the fwb show says all I need to hear. If anyone needs .22 stuff lmk. I have 6 boxes of the 375 round cci tactical for sale. Price listed is NOT the forum member price..anyone that has posted in this thread can have it for 45$ for a pack of 375.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here. I don't really have a dog in the fight because I don't go out of my way to go to WalMart to check ammo. I will check it if I have to stop to get something else but don't stop just for ammo.
    I did conduct a "survey" about 2 months ago and stopped at about 6 stores between here and Tallahassee. Found ammo at one and zero at the others. That's when I decided it was a big waste of time.
    Anyway, I imagine a lot of the problem is that employees are just sick of dealing with it - having to answer the phone two dozen times each morning with the same questions and people lining up every morning. That's not their normal duties. Not in that magnitude.
    I also have no doubt that there are employees buying and re-selling but the manager should handle that.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea most of them aren't real happy about the whole deal. certainally 1 certain fella at ensley 29 store. he crys every time.

Top Bottom