• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willieG

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So Grams handed these two jewels :rolleyes: off to me recently. One is in fair condition and the other in is poor condition as you can see in the pics.
    Both are .45 and I suspect the $20 case i've put them is worth more than the pistols themselves :)
    I've no experience with muzzle loader anything so I'd appreciate anything you knowing folks could tell me about these.

jukar006987.jpg

markwell4517.jpg

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    From what i see on a few searches they sell for $200-250 in best condition. Spain muzzleloaders. Some post sound like they are hobby parts kits from the 70s to complete yourself with fitting, staining and bluing.

willieG

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From what i see on a few searches they sell for $200-250 in best condition. Spain muzzleloaders. Some post sound like they are hobby parts kits from the 70s to complete yourself with fitting, staining and bluing.
    The Jukar from Spain is in decent condition, the Markwell needs some love. I found a site where I can get parts and perhaps bring it up equal to the Jukar. Might make a good project for my grandaughter and I.

Last edited:

oldwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There ought to be Spanish proofs on the barrels, you should be able to date them if you want. I dated my Spanish 28 ga. Muzzleloader to 1972. Well, mine was not a kit but yours still may be proofed

willieG

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There ought to be Spanish proofs on the barrels, you should be able to date them if you want. I dated my Spanish 28 ga. Muzzleloader to 1972. Well, mine was not a kit but yours still may be proofed
    They both have serial numbers.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    IIRC they were around in abundance in the 60's - 70's or so, and in the back of every magazine, mail order.

Tuck

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those were common low end guns from back in the day. Since they aren't collector's items you won't hurt their value by churching them up (replacing parts or even rebluing/browning).

Make sure they aren't loaded. I bought a repop Kentucky pistol that still had a ball & powder in it after who knows how many years.

Check the bores for corrosion especially in the breech area. Try to remove the nipples. They can be stuck with rust & should be reinstalled with antisieze. Check the inside of the lock too.

If all is good & the locks hold half & full cock & the trigger works you could even fire them if you want just don't expect pinpoint accuracy. If you do you have to clean black powder after every range visit as it is highly corrosive. So are substitutes. Many clean guns before leaving the range. BP has a learning curve but it isn't difficult.

willieG

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those were common low end guns from back in the day. Since they aren't collector's items you won't hurt their value by churching them up (replacing parts or even rebluing/browning).

Make sure they aren't loaded. I bought a repop Kentucky pistol that still had a ball & powder in it after who knows how many years.

Check the bores for corrosion especially in the breech area. Try to remove the nipples. They can be stuck with rust & should be reinstalled with antisieze. Check the inside of the lock too.

If all is good & the locks hold half & full cock & the trigger works you could even fire them if you want just don't expect pinpoint accuracy. If you do you have to clean black powder after every range visit as it is highly corrosive. So are substitutes. Many clean guns before leaving the range. BP has a learning curve but it isn't difficult.
    Thanks for that. I did verify there is nothing in the barrel. Gmaw didn't know it they were loaded or not :)

Top Bottom