HD Tactical

Muzzle Brakes / compensators / Flash Hiders......thoughts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Been reading up on muzzle attachments for the AR and been thinking about upgrading from the stock A2 birdcage. Was just wondering some of your guys views on if its really worth it and if so any recommendations.

Jaxon1023

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've got a kak flash can on my SBR. Basically a noveski flaming pig knock off. I like for what it is. 35 bucks compared 120.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Well keep don't really care about the flash within reason and not so much worried about recoil on a .223 more interested on keeping on target with repeat shots. Now this means muzzle break but there are combos out there that might give me the best of 2 worlds or is that just hype?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I haven't tried any of the combos because I don't care about flash. I like to reduce muzzle rise as much as possible on most of my rifles. I've tried several different kinds of comps/brakes and the Miculek comp is hard to beat for the money. Check out my YouTube page below for some videos where you can see the muzzle movement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    And this is a Lantac Dragon on a 10.5" barrel:

IMG_1214%20small_zpsd5nxf7se.jpg

I tried a Dragon on my competition AR and it was so effective it actually pushed the muzzle down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Awesome pic Jeep!! That dude was blowing the windows out of the short bus with that thing.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I am using a VG6 Epsilon on my defensive carbine. It is a brake/hider design and I have been pretty impressed with it. very minimal muzzle rise and a decent flash signature.

Kevin08

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a Spike's Dynacomp extreme shorty on my HBAR mid length. It works quite well and is very loud - abysmal flash suppression. A few other forum members can attest. Consider the effects from concussion when shopping around, they're all a bit different. My friend's Battlecomp seems to send concussive sound directly back into the head of the shooter (which makes shooting a bit uncomfortable). The Dynacomp sends it right out to the sides so if there is a fellow shooter on your left or right they may get a bit annoyed. I bought this back when there were only three mainstream compensators on the market, a lot of the newer ones have more of a compromise between flash suppression and muzzle climb, and are probably the best choices IMO.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a Spike's Dynacomp extreme shorty on my HBAR mid length. It works quite well and is very loud - abysmal flash suppression. A few other forum members can attest. Consider the effects from concussion when shopping around, they're all a bit different. My friend's Battlecomp seems to send concussive sound directly back into the head of the shooter (which makes shooting a bit uncomfortable). The Dynacomp sends it right out to the sides so if there is a fellow shooter on your left or right they may get a bit annoyed. I bought this back when there were only three mainstream compensators on the market, a lot of the newer ones have more of a compromise between flash suppression and muzzle climb, and are probably the best choices IMO.

I didn't think to mention that. Yes, the Miculek comp (as well as many others) directs the gas out to the sides. It feels like you're getting hit in the face with a pillow if you're standing near the shooter.

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I sold that Battlecomp for that exact reason. Most overrated comp on the market. It actually works too well with its negative muzzle rise that actually pushes the muzzle bellow the target.

Last edited:

Bones2586

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just put a Lantac on my AR, looking forward to seeing what she does. Don't stand too close! :whoo:

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Anybody try a troy claymore or something similar? Im looking to direct all blast down range. My 7.5" 5.56 can be slightly disturbing to my fellow shooters the calymore is about $65

Top Bottom