• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you for your response droshki. I'm not sure what the deal is. I do not believe these are actors and I've experienced this kind of behavior before. What's the root cause is anyone's guess. I was hoping to see what other people thought about it. I don't have an answer. My generation is full of people that want to make a better world. While I haven't done anything earth shattering to change society, I'd like to know why people responded to him the way they did. One of my goals in life is to be the best person I can and this has me stumped. I figured if I had a better understanding it could help me and others in life. I'm often seen as a racist before I open my mouth. Camo clothes, Justin boots, and a lifted truck. But as I said before color doesn't matter to me. Actions do. I've done social experiments before like this one but less aggressive. I've seen where I've been a customer and have had a different race helping me and have been treated different than the customer before me. One time I was standing in line and a black guy was helping customers. Everyone in front of me were generic Americans of all races and styles. He helped them with a smile and laughed. When it came my turn, before I even spoke, his dimenor changed and he because abrasive, helped me with a straight face and moved on. I was just as friendly as the rest if the customers but he wasn't friendly to me. After I was helped he was back laughing and smiling to the other customers. Other times I will change my style and not wear camo and people treat me different and as their equal. Why is it that I was treated differently? One of my mentors growing up was a black man named Mr. Holmes. He taught me a lot and we used to catch turtles for turtle soup. He didn't see me as racist because of my clothes. He used to call me his son and tell people I had a bleaching accident lol. I'm still young and trying to figure out the world I live in.

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you for your response droshki. I'm not sure what the deal is. I do not believe these are actors and I've experienced this kind of behavior before. What's the root cause is anyone's guess. I was hoping to see what other people thought about it. I don't have an answer. My generation is full of people that want to make a better world. While I haven't done anything earth shattering to change society, I'd like to know why people responded to him the way they did. One of my goals in life is to be the best person I can and this has me stumped. I figured if I had a better understanding it could help me and others in life. I'm often seen as a racist before I open my mouth. Camo clothes, Justin boots, and a lifted truck. But as I said before color doesn't matter to me. Actions do. I've done social experiments before like this one but less aggressive. I've seen where I've been a customer and have had a different race helping me and have been treated different than the customer before me. One time I was standing in line and a black guy was helping customers. Everyone in front of me were generic Americans of all races and styles. He helped them with a smile and laughed. When it came my turn, before I even spoke, his dimenor changed and he because abrasive, helped me with a straight face and moved on. I was just as friendly as the rest if the customers but he wasn't friendly to me. After I was helped he was back laughing and smiling to the other customers. Other times I will change my style and not wear camo and people treat me different and as their equal. Why is it that I was treated differently? One of my mentors growing up was a black man named Mr. Holmes. He taught me a lot and we used to catch turtles for turtle soup. He didn't see me as racist because of my clothes. He used to call me his son and tell people I had a bleaching accident lol. I'm still young and trying to figure out the world I live in.

lt seems that I truly did misjudge you, again, my bad. I kind out doubt that I'm even qualified to discuss this, maybe someone with some sociology background or schooling would do better. Anyways, here’s the way I see it.

After end of the civil war (or the "War of Northern Aggression" as my far right wingnut friend likes to put it, lol) and slavery, prejudice and unfair treatment of black people simply didn't go away. You’ll find plenty of (white) people that will tell you that discrimination no longer exists, but it simply isn’t true. A trip from the reconstruction period, through the civil rights protests and riots, and legislation of the `60 shows this. Sure things are a lot better now. But not as better as some like to believe (and of course this is going to vary wildly, by location, and person). I give you as an honest example though: I worked over at a place in Southport circa 2007. They had a black employee. It was said out loud and well understood, that although he worked there "after dark, he was just another nigger", meaning he best not try to rest his head in that town.

The south, being where most of the slaves were, has been the slowest to come along (I am certainly not "bragging", but I've lived in about 10 places on three continents in my life, and been to about 35 of the states, so I’ve seen a bit). Again discrimination still exists today, more predominantly in the south in my opinion. Last time I was up in Maryland (outside Pax River), it seemed almost non-existent. Much higher percentage of blacks in view, and race seemed irrelevant-- but of course maybe I was just in one of those neighborhoods, who knows. As was said in a thread the other day though, its of late become unfashionable to be out of the closet about it, so a lot of it is dog whistle type stuff now- code words, excuses to dislike them, blaming it all on them, etc, etc

All that said, a lot of them have picked up the beat and retaliated and dislike/hate whites in return. But what else does someone do when they think they are being treated unfairly? Look at silly us bickering at each other this morning- it’s the human response to get defensive. Anyhow, this is certainly not helping. On the other hand, there is some elements- in some areas, a development of a subculture where they know nothing else. I’ve seen entire neighborhoods where I know nobody is going to make it out unscathed. I know the meme is that they should just pull up their drawers and go get a college education, but they live in a subculture so disconnected from mainstream America that this is never going to happen. You can easily find the stats of fathers in jail, extremely high arrest numbers, stop and frisk, etc. Even if they had the best intention, in some places the deck is stacked against them, and they can never make it out. And they know this. So they grin and bear it, up till the moment they explode at the first person they think might be remotely responsible.

May I suggest a course or two at a local college? American History is generally broken up into pre/post-civil war, so finding a post-civil history class picking up around reconstruction should he pretty easy. I also took a class about black literature. Reading some of the books written in the era back then will help you understand how horrendous it really was. I know some will say "its over now, why don't they just get over it", but anyone that understands the horror that was decades and decades of slavery? Will at least have a little understanding in their heart.

Now onto your particular situation…

Last edited:

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I actually have a bachelors degree and when I was in college there seemed to be no discrimination. Not just blacks but even the Muslim girls with their faces covered and me looking like a redneck. Nobody cared. It just seems odd to me to see people react like that.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So from your story, looks like you did get a little "reverse" prejudgement and discrimination. I put reverse in quotation marks though, because it immediately comes to my mind that there is no forward or reverse? To some extent we all do it. dont we?

We see some scantily dressed chick? Whore. Droopy drawers? Thug.

You say you dress a particular way. Unfair or not, *some* people associate this type dress with a culture, attitude, expectation, belief system, whatever. Fair? Of course not. But who among us can honestly way we don't do it? Who knows what happened to this guy, or what he experienced in his past. Surely, by your story, something. And he associated you with it. Fair? no. Is everyone like this? No, clearly from the tale of your mentor.

I guess if I could put it into numbers the reasoning might be "counter guy" has met 10 guys dressed like you. 7 were assholes. Therefore in his mind, you're 70% probably an asshole. Instead now the mentor: Lived a lot longer, and a lot wider. Has met 1000 guys dressed like you. The same 7 guys were assholes to him too. But because of his much broader experience, the way he sees it is 99.3% chance that youre an OK dude.

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I actually have a bachelors degree and when I was in college there seemed to be no discrimination. Not just blacks but even the Muslim girls with their faces covered and me looking like a redneck. Nobody cared. It just seems odd to me to see people react like that.

Exactly right. The people you met in college, and the guy working at the counter, Im sure, came from completely different backgrounds, and have completely different expectations out of life, and of others around them. And I attribute this to family history, upbringing, life experiences, and perceptions of being treated fairly and having a fair chance in life.

Last edited:

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see you couldn't back up your empty allegations against me and are otherwise incapable of participating in an intelligent conversation, and so you just come back and to spew your hate and venom. You're a sad individual.

Is Droshki CCHGN's alter.:noidea:

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This thread is full of lose.. Blacks got it sooooooooooo rough. Gimme a break. Im not just saying this, but I actually threw up in my mouth a lil while reading some of these posts. Have to say that was a first

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is Droshki CCHGN's alter.:noidea:

Hey, if a guy wants to throw out public allegations about something he thinks I said, and then can't back it up, to me he's nothing more than a common liar.

But Clay was right. Only a fool argues with idiots. Please resume your regularly scheduled redneck racist circle jerk :pound:

It was good talking to you though Deersniper270, wish you the best.

Last edited:

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Droski your a piece of work. No i dont think Blacks r treated fairly I THINK THEY R TREATED BETTER THAN FAIRLY! The only person i think is treated better than a black in america is a illegal that doesnt speak any english or have a green card. Hell i would love to be treated the way they r : free everything, more likely to get a business loan or a job even if less quailified just to b politically correct ect..... i could go on all day backing up my soap box but my main reason for posting was to just make sure i made a big enough deal to remeber i dont like u incase something comes up in the future. BOO00Om i win ahahahaahBANahahahah

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <Droski> Read a book,take a class on Black repression history seriously u said that shit, wow. I mean we have a whole month dedicated to black history and Martin has his own day I think im more educated on the subject than i would ever wana be. Equality works both ways by definition unless ur reading american history in the last few decades.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Droski your a piece of work. No i dont think Blacks r treated fairly I THINK THEY R TREATED BETTER THAN FAIRLY! The only person i think is treated better than a black in america is a illegal that doesnt speak any english or have a green card. Hell i would love to be treated the way they r : free everything, more likely to get a business loan or a job even if less quailified just to b politically correct ect..... i could go on all day backing up my soap box but my main reason for posting was to just make sure i made a big enough deal to remeber i dont like u incase something comes up in the future. BOO00Om i win ahahahaahBANahahahah

Yep. If looking like a racist idiot is your idea of winning, you sure won all right.

Be sure to clean the jizz off your computer monitor :laugh:

Last edited:

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep. If looking like a racist idiot is your idea of winning, you sure won all right.

Be sure to clean the jizz off your computer monitor :laugh:

Well I do like winning. And I prefer to wait till it drys and scape it off.
    But for ur information I'm actually not racist and have like minded black friends.

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    NWFLYJ u just went on my favorite person list. Hell i think i may send u a friend request even with less than 200 posts!!!

Top Bottom