• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    That's right ...... damn sure did. Ask Bruce. We got to the hunting areas at about 2115. No action for about two hours. Finally Bruce hears something in the tall(some chest high)cotton directly behind us. Finally I hear some gentle grunts. Gotta be close if I can hear it. I got my gun in hand,Bruce is scanning with his handheld thermal.

All at once he whispers,"there's a hog". A big ol' brute of a hog steps out on the grassy road that we were sitting on ..... 15' away from me. I threw up my gun as he turned to walk away,put the crosshair on the back of his head and ....... "CLICK" ...... it was deafening. As I cycled the bolt he disappeared back into the cotton.

NOW ....... don't get me wrong. I love my RARR ..... BUT ..... for some reason the bolt handle of these guns seems to get turned up accidentally all the time. If this happens the striker will not protrude thru the bolt face enough for a good solid hit on the primer. At the range it does not happen but in a hunting environment the gun get rubbed against your pants,your chair,shooting stick,etc.etc. Safety feature I guess,but the bolt has to be COMPLETELY turned in,handle down all the way,for the gun to fire.

OK ... ROGER THAT ... so now I am paranoid. I touch it,feel it,every 14.38 seconds. And guess what .... it is always down. I'm bringing duct tape on the next hunt.

Oh,and,we did see that monster of a hog again .... from about 200yds away. Gone again,be he wont live forever. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have "taken steps" to insure that we get a hog tonight. Well ................ that's only if Bruce doesn't scare them off with his snoreing. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Step 1: I will take a nap before going hunting.

Step 2: Found a dead snake and put it out in a hog path. The hogs will stop and fight over the snake, giving us time to Ka-Pow one.

Sawman is so confident that he's already lined up a person who wants a whole hog. My daughter has already informed me that she wants me to make pulled pork for her husband's Navy retirement, so I can use a hog too.

helo_hunter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is a you-tube video from TX where there was tannerite at a bait pile. Pigs came in then, BOOM, pigs parts flying everywhere!!

Top Bottom