• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks like I finally found the correct Timber Hunter Rifle. A long time ago on tundras far, far away a Remington Model Seven carbine in .308 Win was my hunting companion. But it never was Controlled Round Feed (CRF) like the Winchester Model 70. So the 16 inch Barreled .308 Win chambered Ruger Scout Rifle didn't pan out as an actual Scout Rifle. ( The pew-pews are a little heavier but way better suited to the task) Yet the low weight short barrel carbine when fitted with a 2-10 x 36 conventionally mounted illuminated FFP EMDR Reticle Weaver Tactical Scope? Well, this combo makes one of the lightest weight, all weather, flattest shooting, and still hard hitting hunting combo since back in the Remington Model Seven days. Not to mention that the Ruger Hawkeye Scout Rifle is CRF with pillared all weather hardware, and I think I've stumbled across my current Woodland, Timber Crosscut, Meadow/Field Sitting, and Stalking Carbine when Hunting East of the Mississippi. An added plus is the detachable Mag which can be had in 3,5,10, & 20 round variations.(Yet Ruger charges a Pretty Penny for such a convince) So I was just wondering what Y'all might consider a better offering currently made by today's Arms Manufacturers? Yup, this is actually that one Hunting Rifle thread, but it's an actual one hunting rifle with a lot of utility that works on so many levels it's a bit hard to pass up. JMHO. Not to mention it checks off every block I can think of East of the Mississippi. What say Y'all????

Top Bottom