• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chaos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mikes is having a sale on Pistols starting tomorrow, Kimber, Remington and ruger I believe. They had Kimber Ultra carry 45 acp blued for 699.00, also Kimber custom II two tone stainless 45 acp for 699.00 also.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Surprised ..... that is about the first 6.8 they have ever had. In the past,every time I have walked in and asked if they have any 6.8's they give me a "what's that" look.

BTW ... IMO ....that is NOT a good deal on that LWRC. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    NO LWRC's. Was in this AM and wanted to take a look at them LWRC 6.8's. They have ..... ummmmm ..... NONE. They did have some of the Century WASR's though. For $499 --> a great deal. ---- SAWMAN

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    They have/had a RIA 1911 4" for $399, heck of a deal. Too bad I'm not in the need for a 1911.

Mike's Outdoors

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some of the firearms there are only one available (like the LWRC) and about 50% of the time they are at Scott's in Jay. If anyone wants something that is in Jay, I go up there every Tuesday and I would be happy to bring it down for you.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Well, I tried to buy the Colt 6920 Magpul edition that was on sale and was told there was only one and it was sold.
    I was just trying to keep it local. I can actually order it on-line for $50 cheaper which I will do.
    Why in the world would you put out a sales flyer with guns on sale of which you have only one?
    This cannot foster good customer relations.
    I also might add that there's no sense in getting frustrated with the guys at the Pensacola store.
    I'm sure their ads come down from Jay and they have to live with it.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah Welldoya,I'm with you on this one. Tell me if I am wrong but I read the above post #8 to say ---> we put out/mail out a for sale flyer that sez .... "SPRING BIG DEALS" and "GET 'EM BEFORE THEY'RE GONE" then you say that "some of the firearms there are only one available and about 50% of the time they are at Scott's in Jay".

Sooooooo ...... wondering,why would you have a sale featuring only one item(total)that is split between two stores that are 25 miles apart ??

Yep,not getting frustrated at the sales people ..... this "Huh What" probably is over their head. --- SAWMAN

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    This happened to me several years ago with a Mini 14. They had an ad in the Sunday sales paper with a great price on a Mini. I went into work and told my boss I had an errand to run. I went up to Mike's and got in line at the door. There was a young guy first in line, then an older fella, then me. The door opened at 9:00, the young guy and I headed to the gun counter. The old guy stopped and told the guy who opened the door that he wanted one of the Mini 14s that were on sale. The employee said "You are in luck because we only have one." The young guy and I stopped in our tracks. I went back and said "Are you telling me that you ran a sale ad for a gun of which you only have one?" He said "That's right."
    I left and went back to work and told several co-workers. One of them said "Awww, you must've misunderstood him. Nobody would run an ad like that." I said "Call them."
    By now it was about 11:00. So he called and said "Hello, I'm wanting to get one of the Mini 14s that you have on sale and just wanted to make sure you have them before heading up there."
    The guy said "No, we are out. They FLEW outta here this morning !" I'm sure he meant IT flew outta here.

BruceWayne

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anybody wonder why people venture off to the internet to buy things and just pay the shipping and FFL fee???

nope? me either...

BigDaddy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I put a deposit on two taurus 9mm @ the last "big" sale back in the winter. Called store last week and was told they are still a month behind and blamed it on taurus

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From what Ive read here, Im not sure how this place stays in business.

Austin01WS6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Like any place you take the good with the bad. I have been doing business with mikes now for many years with only minor issues. My issues being able to be a little more knowledgeable about the guns in which they sell. I don't believe they are on commission, so I understand if there is no motivation to be a better business man then the man down the counter. I do understand the frustration with some of the stories mentioned, but as far as local shops go they are the first place I'll stop by in and give my business.

Maybe since they post on here they will read your comments and fix the issues stated.

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think the folks at Mike's like have sale adds for a single firearm any more than we do. The owner Mike Scott as in Scotts in Jay makes the add for both stores and they have little to say about what goes in those sale adds. I like to do business with local gun shops and Mike's in particular. The staff is better than anyone at the big box stores I have talked to - but only a few have the breadth of knowledge for all the weapons they sell. Stan, Pat, Kerry know their stuff and that's who I normally deal with when I go in there.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad I'm not the only one.

I will not go there.....used to, and was told "if your not planning on purchasing a firearm, don't ask to look at it "

I have been done with them for several years now. went to academy same day, after that and bought 2 firearms, same thing and same price
    until I mentioned my experience...then I got an additional 10% off !!!

sorry guys, it is what it became !!! not me..............:rockon:

Top Bottom