• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patoz

Marksman
    Tenants of an apartment complex in Castle Rock, Colorado are being notified to get rid of their weapons or else prepare to be evicted.

According to 9News,

“A letter went out to the residents on August 1st saying they had until October 1st to comply with the updated ‘community policies’. On page 2 is a brand new provision saying “firearms and weapons are prohibited.”

“As of October 1, residents cannot display, use, or possess any firearms or weapons of any kind, anywhere on the property.”...
    http://bearingarms.com/colorado-marine-told-to-get-rid-of-his-firearms-or-find-another-home/

Personally, I would have moved and told then to stick it where the sun don't shine!

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I wonder where this will go? Can they impose that on tenants?

Telum Pisces

Master
    I saw this earlier today. I would just say, yep got rid of them. They all went down in a boating accident. Oh, you want to check, nope you cannot come in. Landlords have some big time rights in a lot of states for good reasons. But they cannot trample on the constitutional rights.

What difference is this when compared to the Supreme Courts rulling saying that DC could not ban guns in people's homes. I guess this apt complex doesn't follow the law or the supreme court's rullings. Sometimes it's hard on some people to just pick up and move. Especially older folks. But I would get out of there as quickly as possible if I could. If I lived there, I would gladly offer to help the man move.

dogamus rex

Master
    I'm a landlord and I dont see how he can impose that on his renters. it would have to be in the lease, sounds to me like he is using it as a reason to evict him for something else. i would tell my landlord to mind his own business. Colorado, those people aren't right out there, city folks vs country people.

Telum Pisces

Master
    I'm a landlord and I dont see how he can impose that on his renters. it would have to be in the lease, sounds to me like he is using it as a reason to evict him for something else. i would tell my landlord to mind his own business. Colorado, those people aren't right out there, city folks vs country people.

It's not a single house or apt where they are targeting just this one person This is an apt complex that is telling all residents to get their guns out or leave.

gendoc

Master
    It's not a single house or apt where they are targeting just this one person This is an apt complex that is telling all residents to get their guns out or leave.

sounds like a setup....I wonder if the owner is kinda playing "TAKE" with this rule.
    check his background... prolly muslim democrap

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    the land lord is being an ass , accidental fires can start that way

Patoz

Marksman
    For once the press does something right! Thanks to their story and investigation, this fiasco has been put to rest. Apparently, this is government subsidised housing that was being managed by a private company, who took it upon themselves to issue the ban. Woops!!

Castle Rock apartment's controversial policy banning firearms is thrown out

CASTLE ROCK - A controversial gun policy at an apartment complex for seniors has been thrown out after a 9Wants to Know report.

The Douglas County Housing Partnership, a multi-jurisdictional housing authority, held an emergency board of directors meeting late Wednesday afternoon.

Board members decided that the policy, which would have prohibited residents from having firearms in their homes, will not go into effect...
    Read the rest: http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=349123

Telum Pisces

Master
    For once the press does something right! Thanks to their story and investigation, this fiasco has been put to rest. Apparently, this is government subsidised housing that was being managed by a private company, who took it upon themselves to issue the ban. Woops!!

Castle Rock apartment's controversial policy banning firearms is thrown out

Read the rest: http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=349123

Good to know.

Here's another little tidbit from the article.

"The company's owner, Debi Ross, and her husband have given $9,000, only to Democrats, since 2006."

Who would have thunk it. They're democraps.

Marquezj16

Marksman
    I'm glad they overturned that crap. Somebody who oversteps their boundaries should be penalized. It was an illegal act.

"It's unconstitutional to prohibit the legal possession of a gun or a firearm on public housing property," a DHA spokesperson said. (DHA - Denver Housing Authority).

If it was me, I would have taken the management to court. Don't give them an inch.

Top Bottom