• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A man named mike, shot an killed two of his neighbors dogs who had gotten loose an wandered on his land, he shot an killed both of them, took thir collars for trophies the article said, he is going to court soon for this act !!! So sad for these two dogs an their owner !!! A lot of folks are sending death threats to him , he may be in deep trouble ????

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sick jackass. I do everything I can do to keep my dog on my property. Haven't had any problems, he doesn't even try to get out but sometimes stuff happens. My biggest nightmare is him getting loose, somebody intentionally harming him and then I react. I WILL be in jail.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    That's just a moron who wanted to kill something. I hope they nail him.
    BUT, there are two sides to every story. I would have to hear both of them. Have the dogs been killing his livestock ? Has he asked the owner to keep them off his land numerous times ?
    If he killed the dogs just because they were on his land, throw the book at him. If the dogs were creating havoc and he had tried everything else, different story.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is much I love about rural living except this which seems to be a part of rural "redneck" culture with some. My childhood golden retriever was poisoned with anti-freeze. Such an awesome and friendly dog and she didn't deserve such a horrible death. I found her in a wooded lot foaming at the mouth. My second golden retriever was shot but survived. Also had white terrier mix that was shot and did not make it. Found him in the woods. My sister still lives up in North Georgia where we grew up and they have lost more dogs to this BS than I can count. A beagle, a lab, and a german pointer off the top of my head. Real killers those breeds are.

I've heard all the reasons and the necks, which usually are cousins and kill each other's dogs, brag about it amongst themselves as if they really accomplished something. It ruined my hunt, ate my chicken, etc. I completely understand taking out dangerous feral and aggressive dogs threateng pets and children. But some of these assholes convince themselves that every dog is some kind of threat. Simple fact is they just want to shoot something and poor fluffy just happened to get loose.....sick bastards.

You are just an evil sick bastard if see one of these and your first thought is kill it. Not actually my dogs but what they looked like:

golden-retriever-face-closeup.jpg

98060952.jpg

Attachments

• 98060952.jpg
      98060952.jpg
      26.2 KB · Views: 342
    • golden-retriever-face-closeup.jpg
      golden-retriever-face-closeup.jpg
      51.2 KB · Views: 329

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sick jackass. I do everything I can do to keep my dog on my property. Haven't had any problems, he doesn't even try to get out but sometimes stuff happens. My biggest nightmare is him getting loose, somebody intentionally harming him and then I react. I WILL be in jail.

Exactly

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Soooooo . . . Someone please tell me what I should have to do to keep YOUR dogs off MY property ???
    The OP is pretty vague. Was this the first time that the dogs were off their property and on someone elses ?? Had the dog owner ever in the past been warned about keeping his dogs on his property and off the neighbors ?? If so,how many times and when was the last time ?? Had any authorities ever gotten involved ?? If not,why not ?? If so,what was the outcome ?? Had these dogs ever attacked a person,children,livestock,or other peoples pets ??
    Please don't take this post as meaning that I agree with shooting dogs,for most any reason. I absolutely respect the rights of dog owners. Right up until they quit respecting my rights as a property owner. ---SAWMAN

Last edited:

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This. Story appeared on my. Facebook page. If anyone want to look they can Dennnis Qualls, you will see. A. Pic of me in my boat, others. Are my Son!!!

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Soooooo . . . Someone please tell me what I should have to do to keep YOUR dogs off MY property ???
    The OP is pretty vague. Was this the first time that the dogs were off their property and on someone elses ?? Had the dog owner ever in the past been warned about keeping his dogs on his property and off the neighbors ?? If so,how many times and when was the last time ?? Had any authorities ever gotten involved ?? If not,why not ?? If so,what was the outcome ?? Had these dogs ever attacked a person,children,livestock,or other peoples pets ??
    Please don't take this post as meaning that I agree with shooting dogs,for most any reason. I absolutely respect the rights of dog owners. Right up until they quit respecting my rights as a property owner. ---SAWMAN

IMO, Absolutely no scenario possible would justify shooting the dogs.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just read the article in the town he lives in, his trial is today, could possibly be sentenced to two yrs. prision he told. Officers ( he just wanted to kill something) these dogs were listed as service dogs as well, does not look good for him, he is getting a lot of death threats !!!!

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's just a moron who wanted to kill something. I hope they nail him.
    BUT, there are two sides to every story. I would have to hear both of them. Have the dogs been killing his livestock ? Has he asked the owner to keep them off his land numerous times ?
    If he killed the dogs just because they were on his land, throw the book at him. If the dogs were creating havoc and he had tried everything else, different story.

Like I said, it depends on the situation, what kind of area you live in, dogs temperament, stuff lIke that. However, sounds lIke the hunter took the collars as trophies. Dont know the whole story but he sounds like a sick bastard.

All I'll say is that if my dog got loose and someone shot it he WILL join my dog. I'll deal with the consequences.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    IMO, Absolutely no scenario possible would justify shooting the dogs.

It sounds like the man that is charged is an idiot and needs to be charged but I will give a scenario. I live in the city and have a family down the street that has a dog they rescued that has been aggressive in the past. The dog stays in the back yard and is rarely seen. A couple years ago my father in law was walking the neighborhood for excercise and when he walked past their house the dog was in the front yard with the whole family and the dog ran into the street and nipped my FIL hard enough to draw blood. A year or so later my wife was walking the neighborhood at night and the same dog approached her barking and snarling and she finally screamed enough that it ran off. She called me to come out so she could get back home. This occurred probably six houses from where the dog lives. The dog had gotten out of the back yard. My wife called the neighbors and left them a lengthy message on their machine saying what happened but we never got a call back. They are a nice family with kids and the dad is military, not trashy folks. I have two kids under 4 and we regularly walk down to my wife's grandmother's house which is the opposite direction from the dog. With this and everything else happening in this world I do not leave my house unarmed anymore. I guarantee a dog will never come in contact with my kids stroller.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Only way I could shoot a dog is if hey were a threat to me, or my family.... my biggest fear is my dogs getting loose, as they look scary, but wouldn't hurt anything except a squirrel.

That being said, if my dogs got shot, good chance I'm going to prison...

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Maybe if I was treed and couldn't get down without being attacked and my cell had no signal to call for help.......

Sounds like the shooter admitted he was doing it for no reason other than "to kill something"?

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Here you go SAWMAN and a link. These dogs haven't been loose long. You can tell just by looking at their coat. I will just say if someone did this to my dogs because they happened to get loose sorry I will hunt that person down. They better hope the police gets to them first because he will have a "hunting accident". Dogs do get out... Shooting a pet this guy knows better.
    http://www.yourohiovalley.com/story...to-face-charges-for-shooting-deaths-of-2-dogs

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      113.1 KB · Views: 201

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Should be shot dead just for being such a fucktard to post the pics on myface. What a dumb bastard

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He didn't have to kill the dogs. But I know of hunters and guys where I hunt will shoot and kill a dog. That come on the land when there hunting. But not guys in my camp cause some years we hunt using dogs.

Top Bottom