• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I broke down & bought an Sig 365XL & I have to say it the only carry size pistol I have tried that I can shoot as well as my Glock 19 at 25 ft.

I know some of the first models had issues but from what I gather & my experience today they have it figured out. My recoil spring was has some yellow spray paint on it & I read that it was a the fix but I do not know if that’s true but I do know mine eat 300 rounds of remingtion & Winchester ball as well as 50 125 grain HST with no problem. Another 400 of ball & another 150 of HST’s & it takes over my XD-S for carry purposes.

Also the Sig XL loaded with 13rounds virtually weighs the same as the XDS with 8 rnds in it.

The only thing I wish is it had grip safety XD-S or at least trigger tab like my glocks. I know it silly but the grip safety on my XD-S makes feel 100% safe when I reholstering my carry gun. It too easy for it to grab on to clothing imo.

If you have been on the fence about the 365XL I say pull the trigger. I have medium size hands if you big handed guy you feeling may differ.

For me a gun that is as concealable as my XD-S, with 12 rnds & I shoot as well as my Glock 19 at combat distances is a WIN WIN in my book. Will updates as round count grows.

Attachments

• F3B3FD88-3F2A-4568-BDBD-BD3DB35FE92A.jpg
      F3B3FD88-3F2A-4568-BDBD-BD3DB35FE92A.jpg
      359.6 KB · Views: 190
    Last edited:

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Good to know. I have been saving my pennies to buy the standard 365. For most of my daily routine I have to pocket carry so I want to up my capacity and caliber.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only thing I wish is it had grip safety XD-S or at least trigger tab like my glocks. I know it silly but the grip safety on my XD-S makes feel 100% safe when I reholstering my carry gun. It too easy from it to grab on to clothing imo.

That's because you don't deep cover reholster into clothing.
    Remove holster from IWB/Etc. Place pistol in holster.
    Return loaded holster to wherever you carry it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ92dq8vr18

Last edited:

jump48

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not suggesting that the XL is not a good pistol. However, what I did was purchase an XL frame and mag and match it with my 365 upper, it is the best of both worlds.

Dave308

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the standard 365 and love the trigger. Im assuming the 365XL has the same good trigger. What holster did you go with for the XL?

jump48

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the standard 365 and love the trigger. Im assuming the 365XL has the same good trigger. What holster did you go with for the XL?
    I used the 365 fire control group in the xl frame. Don't have a holster for it. However, it did fit in my buddies 365 holster.

Top Bottom