• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have been looking some more and I am leaning towards the Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40 with V Brite reticle. Again this is for an AR 15 to shoot hogs in low light/night. This scope has just a single illuminated dot, not mill dot or BDC. Shots will probably be 150 yards max in low light but could reach 300 yards in daytime. I have been trying to do some searching but don't find much with just the illuminated dot and non il crosshairs. Any others I should look at in the <$300 range? Thanks in advance.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have been looking some more and I am leaning towards the Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40 with V Brite reticle. Again this is for an AR 15 to shoot hogs in low light/night. This scope has just a single illuminated dot, not mill dot or BDC. Shots will probably be 150 yards max in low light but could reach 300 yards in daytime. I have been trying to do some searching but don't find much with just the illuminated dot and non il crosshairs. Any others I should look at in the <$300 range? Thanks in advance.

This is what I have the 40 and 50, I love the crosshair with the red dot in the center, your eye goes immediately to the red dot! Love it!

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    What is a good mount? I wont be doing any precision shooting and wont be running and gunning or jumping out of airplanes with it but I do want a decent mount. With the little looking I have done I would assume the one piece mount is better than a two piece. Any help is appreciated.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    SWFA makes a nearly identical mount to the PEPR, and with Black Friday sales around the corner they can be had for like $30. The last few years at least.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    SWFA makes a nearly identical mount to the PEPR, and with Black Friday sales around the corner they can be had for like $30. The last few years at least.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I just found their Black Friday sale ad and they have the SSALT mount on sale for $30. I plan on buying 2 at that price. They have aluminum inserts for the mount so you can run a 1" scope in the 30 mm mount. Anyone have any experience with that? Thanks for the heads up on SWFA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom