HD Tactical

Looking for a good \ reputable gun instructor in Alabama...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I just got hit up by a co-worker that wants to do a gun safety course with his wife. He lives in Foley and unfortunately, I live and only know people in PCola. Any of you Alabamian's know and HIGHLY recommend anyone near the Foley area?

makai55

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    *I've done some courses with Jason Bankston at Tac-Site in Summerdale, AL. I think he is a great instructor. My wife and I did an "enhanced" NRA pistol basics course with him last year. Since then, I've done a pistol marksmanship course, a pistol tactics course, and an AR-15 basics course. In comparison to other instructors I've experienced, Jason really knows his stuff. He has worked in law enforcement and as a firearms instructor overseas. He knows firearms, but more importantly, he is a really good teacher. My wife really liked him too. She was impressed that Jason was willing to take the time to cover all the basic and nitty-gritty details. He does a good job creating an environment where students feel free to ask lots of questions, and never makes you feel like you're asking "dumb" questions. Jason is the first to admit that there is more than one way to do things, and he presents his particular way in a logical, and easy to understand format. He also has a great facility including a small classroom building and a private range. This is way better than taking a course at a public range. I also think that his prices were very reasonable. If your friend just wants to get some kind of certificate signed off quick and easy, Jason may not be the way to go, but if they really want to learn something, Jason is your man.

I'm trying to think of some cons to go with all these pros, but I can't. I'd recommend Jason (Tac-Site) without reservation.*

Hope this helps. Let me know if you (or your friend) have any specific questions.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Me and my wife need to get some of these classes in too.
    I saw makai55 shoot a few mags through one of TennJeeps Glocks the other weekend and if any of that skill was learned through those classes then I defiantly need to get some lessons.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

makai55

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the complement madeSICC88! I owe pretty much all of that to Jason Bankston at Tac-Site. I still have a long way to go in terms of my marksmanship skills, but Jason has really done a lot to help me improve over the short time I've been shooting handguns.

Top Bottom