• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I tried to like Glocks when I first got interested in firearms. They looked like Legos to me. Bulky, clunky, square and awkward. And I couldn't hit the broad side of my ex wife's ass from five feet away.
    I made a delivery to one of my pawn shops today and he had a couple of the new 42's in the case and I held one, wracked it, and tried the trigger. I liked it a lot! Small, thin, still blocky but it would fit in a pocket easily. I wouldn't really worry about aim as it's more of a "stick it up the bad guy's nose and pull the trigger" kind of gun.. Have any of ya'll shot it and if so, what were your thoughts?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I'd be willing to guess that you have larger hands, like me. The Glock 42 had some teething problems. For 380, P238 is about as good as it gets.
    For years, I HATED Glocks, mostly because of the weird and awkward grip, but recently discovered that you can get any Glock to feel sleek and fast with nothing more than a dremmel and a $17 wood burning kit from Lowe's. I was the biggest glock hater, but after surgery on my 19, I'm a believer. In other words, you don't have to carry a 380 to have a "better " feeling Glock. Hope that helps.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Every one I've seen shot, shot a bit to the left...just drift the rear sight a touch to the right. Every one I've seen shot, was nicely accurate. Every person I've seen shoot one commented how soft the recoil felt. I like it. It's my carry gun and my bedside gun.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I may pick one up some day. It'll come after I get my CZ-2075 Rami. I'm a CZ/CZ clone whore..
    Love my Witness and Sar.

Egordon71

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love my 42, very sweet. I'm with you glocks are ugly, but they hit the target. I have only recently become a fan of glocks. Started with the 42 now I have a 23 and a 27.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I was lucky to see a proto type when they first came out spence then two close friends have gotten them and I've got ton to shoot them low recoil and good shooting gun. got in the red at 30 at the indoor range but I can tell you they ain't made for a big handed person.

Egordon71

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah you mention the low recoil, I don't use the pinky extension with the 42 like I do with the 27, though it's smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    At the last PNS gun show one dealer was selling them for $399.00. I was very tempted, but my LCP works just fine. I do love Glocks though.

GlockGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glock 42 is nice deff little recoil and the slide racks nice. very accurate and easy follow up shots

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    At the last PNS gun show one dealer was selling them for $399.00. I was very tempted, but my LCP works just fine. I do love Glocks though.

Same here. I do like Glocks. My G19 has been flawless but my LCP does everything a pocket gun needs to do. I would like to shoot a 42 though.
    Did they get the bugs worked out?

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The bugs are worked out. Somewhere around March or April they started shipping an updated version that has pretty much worked out all of the kinks the earlier ones had. Dont fret. If you come upon an earlier one, they will make it right.

I carry one every day. It melts into my pants. I have been waiting for a Glock .380 for I dont know how long. Mine shoots to the left as well, but is very accurate. When I first got it, I took it to the range and shot just about every type and brand of .380 I had on hand, from hollow points to ball to steel case. I had only two FTLs, and I chalk it up to grip as it happened with two different types of ammo.

As for the recoil, Ill put it to you this way. Its like shooting my S&W 908. Both are smooth, like butter. Its not snappy, like you would expect, like other .380s are.

If you have the chance, pick one up. If you havent shot one yet, this is an open invite. Youll have to work around my schedule, but Ill bring it out to Oak Ridge Gun Range for anyone to try it out.

As for Glock and single stack 9's:
    We can sit here and argue about who wanted this gun and who didnt. Especially when its selling like hot-cakes, and a lot of people who claimed its not what they wanted have bought them. My bet is that Glock comes out with their single stack 9mm at about the same time next year. They will have sold boat loads of the 42 by then. And they will sell boat loads of the 9mm as well.

Gunslinger816

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Greatly put. The 42 is a platform that nearly every one who EDC's can appreciate. I cannot wait to pick myself and the wife up one, just waiting for the LE ones to become available.

I haven't looked, do they have a crimson trace for them yet? And what holster did you go with?

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I dont know about a laser. I do know that one of the companies has 3-dot fiber sights for them already though.

Holsters. Funny topic. I have three for it.
    One is a Remora. I sit down and get up a lot and it eventually works its way out. Outside of that, its a great holster and you dont need a belt with it. If I am just stepping out for a little while, or even if I do go out for longer periods I take this one with me, but only so long as I am not getting into and out of a chair or the car a lot.

The second is the $30 kydex holster from the Glock Store. Its a decent holster for the money, but it was very, very tight. So I had to work it with the hair-dryer. It works good, but getting it back in is a pain. Also, it does weird things inside your pants.

The third one, and this is the keeper, is a Dead-Eye Luke holster. I cant say enough great things about his holsters. Ive bought about six of them so far. They are fabulous, fit the guns great, and are an absolute joy to wear. He is a hoot when you meet him at the gun show, and he custom fits it right there for you.

Gunslinger816

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Remoras are great for what they are...and are more comfort and convenience...the wife has two, and she enjoys them, as she isn't confined to pants with belts and can even through it in her purse.

I really want to try one of dead eye lukes holsters, I've heard nothing but good about them.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    7 rounds of 380 in a G42? 5 rounds in a 357 lightweight snubnose. Same weight. I'll take the Smith.

Gunslinger816

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I could find a lightweight compact 357 that I liked, I'd carry it. But for me, the 42 is just practical. While 380 isn't the the heaviest hitter, it will definitely do the job with well placed shots or when screwed into bad guys ear.

I go for quality, not quantity ; )

Top Bottom