• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StorMay05

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has anyone used one? I've been looking at them for a while to try my hand at reloading, was wondering if they are worth it.

SouthBound

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a Lee Classic Cast and I love it, especially since it can handle the lock n load bushings with the adapter. I have a Hornady Lock N Load AP too but I use the Lee for precision loads for rifles. I also use it to work a lot of brass before I run it through the progressive. Lee makes great products and they have great support. Can't go wrong with Lee!

StorMay05

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I should have been more clear I am talking about the hold in hand, tap with a hammer set, not the single stage press.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used one when I was loading for my 222 and it worked well. I bought one for the 30/06 I just bought because I can't see spending alot of money no more than I will shoot it. Also had one for a 270 that I owned.

My experance has been good with them but remember they only neck size so you will have to keep track of your brass as chances are your reloads won't work in another gun. Boolit selection and powder is limited also but for 25.00 you can't go wrong

Centermass556

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know a guy, that knows a guy, who dates a girl with a dog that belonged to a guy, who lived next door to a guy who had one.

Seriously though, A friend of mine has one. He used it for making loads at the range. At home he makes up a few loads and thens a bit of powder and rounds to the range with the hand loader and fine tunes what may need a grain or two more or a grain or two less.

I know another guy in Wyoming that does the smae thing with an old hand held Lyman kit.

I myself just use the bench mounted Lee O ring press.

molldog06

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The lee loader in .38 spcl is what I started reloading with. It worked great, just got tired of having to pound a lot with a hammer to make one round and eventually got a lee 4 hole cast turret press, which also works great. One word of caution, I have heard that it is extremely hard to size larger rifle calibers with the lee hand loader even though it only neck sizes. one-shot case lube helped a lot with making it easier to re-size the 38 cases all the way.

Last edited:

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have one in .270, .308, .243 and 45/70 and love them. I did end up getting a priming tool instead of using the kit, but works like a champ and one heck of a bit more accurate than any factory load. As said above though, you will have to shoot the rounds from the same gun as it only neck sizes the brass. Great inexpensive way to get into reloading.

Top Bottom