DK Firearms

Knives you think better of once they are gone.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ever gave away a knife and thought that it might have been a mistake years or decades latter?

I've given away every ESEE I've ever purchased without remorse. All those RAT-5's & BK-2's, also remorseless.
    But the BK-17 that was inside the Hurricane Survival Pack that Thing 3's College Educated Spouse requested a few years back, well I find myself longing for another and KA-BAR isn't exactly producing them at a substantial rate.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Only knife I’ve ever gave away was as a present and I kept its twin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Zero Tolerance 0350TS... beast of a folder, but HEAVY. gave it to oldest son... he loves it.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Not a give away, but I miss it. In Alaska in the late 80's I had ordered a Cold Steel Opinel style twist lock folder. Loved that knife and it was perfect for ptarmigan hunting as it would slip in a shotgun shell loop on gun or bandolier. Apparently not too tight as it slipped out of the shell belt, likely when I slipped and fell on a wet hillside while hunting.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not a give away, but I miss it. In Alaska in the late 80's I had ordered a Cold Steel Opinel style twist lock folder. Loved that knife and it was perfect for ptarmigan hunting as it would slip in a shotgun shell loop on gun or bandolier. Apparently not too tight as it slipped out of the shell belt, likely when I slipped and fell on a wet hillside while hunting.

Might I ask what area of Alaska? Bird centric blades are considered a special niche. Yet they have a multipurpose use in CONUS. (Greater 48)

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Adak, for the second tour there.

It was not a bird centric knife, but worked and I have always like the Opinel twist lock design so had to buy one when Cold Steel introduced it. Fitting the shell loop and working as a bird hunting knife was just fortunate as it really was too bulky for pocket carry!

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Adak, for the second tour there.

It was not a bird centric knife, but worked and I have always like the Opinel twist lock design so had to buy one when Cold Steel introduced it. Fitting the shell loop and working as a bird hunting knife was just fortunate as it really was too bulky for pocket carry!

Spent a bit of time in that area. How did the blade work on Dolly Varden? How many 55 gallon barrels of Salmon did you roll back to base during good weather? Wasn't it a shame that the best place to observe the American Bald Eagle was the garbage dump? Do they still have the caches in the corners underground?
    BZ, brother.

Last edited:

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Zero Tolerance 0350TS... beast of a folder, but HEAVY. gave it to oldest son... he loves it.

Love zero tolerance. I have one that got stuck in China when I was visiting and the they banned locking pocket knives.

I keep another in my pocket, won’t take this one to China...

Latest posts

Top Bottom