• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The steel guide rod allegedly wallows out the hole. It apparently doesn't damage it to much but makes it sonthe plastic one will no longer work.
    The extra wieght wouldn't hurt for shooting, and some people just have to have the guide rod metal.

As far as any other upgrades... Unless they make night sights for them now I'd only recommend a belt clip, a rubber sleeve and maybe the + capacity floor plate(my pinkie likes a home), and the belt clip. The only problem I had with mine was it wanted to work out of my hand when firing, and then the slide started to come apart.

Good luck anyways, keep us posted if you do anything and let us know how it turned out.

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They do make night sights but they are around $100. I will probably do the springs and grips first. I like my PF9 and I have got pretty accurate with it but anything extra that helps it would be great. One day I will just upgrade to the Shield.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I owned the same pf9 twice. Let it go because I didnt really enjoy it and someone wanted it more than I did. He had it cerakoted and was ready to move on so I bought it back from him for a song. Again remembered why I didnt enjoy it and got rid of it again.

The standard fluff n buff is a good thing to do on these, basically cleaning up the action for smoother more reliable action. I put a section of bicycle intertube on the grip to keep them damn jagged striations on the backstrap from chewing up my palms and that made it more desireable to shoot. Other than that, investing another $100-$200 in parts on a $300 gun just doesnt seem like the reward would be there. But thats just me, you seem to like it and as such, spend away and make it more enjoyable.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I never did the fluff an buff, but I cycled and dry fired it close to 300 times before I took it to the range.

I will say this: one squib and one dud, both from the same box of Hornady critical defense, and besides that it never had a hiccup, for either me or my brother. I would seriously suggest reading into the slide crack issue, it's no uncommon, and kel tec will handle it.... But you need tonknow what to look for.

And reverend. Instead of adding a bunch of metal to plastic guns, why not just get a metal gun to begin with....

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive shot over 1k rounds through it already. Ive had it for a couple of years. It functions fine and will shoot anything except Winchester, for some reason it hates Winchester ammo. I have never done the fluff and buff because it worked fine without it. I am just looking at the little things to upgrade now.

RevSteve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Coming from the man that now has 3 plastic guns...

I just didn't care for the plastic guide rod that was in this gun. It seemed really flimsy.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Keep in mind the reverend thinks that mushy plastic switch gaston scabbed onto his pistol is the base line all triggers should be judged by.

1000 rounds, ya is probably consider putting upgrade replacement parts. We are talking half way through the manufacturers suggested service life, donit couldn't hurt. Though, keep in mind, 200$ worth of parts could be a second pf9, or most of a sigma/sd9(im assuming you aren't a gun snob). I wanted to love the little keltec, I really did, injust couldn't seem to hit anything with it.

Top Bottom