• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Did some shopping in Dothan today. When I got home I looked at my receipts. Holy cow, 9% sales tax and you guys have to pay state income tax too. :shocked: Where is all the money going? Sure as hell is not into roads or anything. Makes me wonder if Florida's 6% with no state income tax is due to all the touristers. If that is the case then as much as I can't stand them, come on down.

Idoono

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea the sales tax is nuts here, I'm from Idaho where it used to be around 6% as well. Pretty much every fee I have seen here has been insane. Registering a car here every year is more then what I used to pay in Idaho for a 2 year tag.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did some shopping in Dothan today. When I got home I looked at my receipts. Holy cow, 9% sales tax and you guys have to pay state income tax too. :shocked: Where is all the money going? Sure as hell is not into roads or anything. Makes me wonder if Florida's 6% with no state income tax is due to all the touristers. If that is the case then as much as I can't stand them, come on down.

Idoono

yall have what is called a "lottery" we don't due to left-wing hypocrites that like to take as much of our income as they can....
    and won't allow a lottery because its "unethical".......BULLSHIT !!!

Last edited:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Alabama Sales tax is only 4%. It's the counties and towns that jack it up. Don't come to Spanish Fort.

bass pro receipt.jpg

Attachments

• bass pro receipt.jpg
      bass pro receipt.jpg
      58.1 KB · Views: 175

Just Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Holy cow! Thanks for the heads up John. We always talk about stopping if we are headed over that way. We will resist the temptation. At least your gasoline is cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We live close to the state line and buy nearly all of our groceries, gas and tobacco in Florala and Samson. Even with the 30 mile drive to Samson and the 8% sales tax we still save on average $300-400 a month just based on prices.

Last edited:

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Alabama state tax really just makes up for low property taxes. My dad has a 200k house on 2 acres and pays less than 200 a year. I have a 100k house on .33 acre and pay $900 a year.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We moved back to AL three years ago after living in Bradenton, FL for 11 years. I'll gladly pay AL sales tax and income tax for the difference in cost of living. FL property, property tax, insurance, and high cost of gasoline and everything else was killing me and was the main reason we started looking to come back to AL.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    In a slightly larger context, I'd gladly pay a much higher sales tax if we can do away with federal income tax and all the other fed state and local BS. That way, everyone would get taxed equally and fairly. Just me.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would rather see a flat rate income tax for everyone and no deductions for ANYTHING. That includes a tax on food stamps and ebt income. And oh, my ssi income is taxed by having to pay sales tax.

Last edited:

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'll gladly pay AL sales tax and income tax for the difference in cost of living. FL property, property tax, insurance, and high cost of gasoline and everything else was killing me and was the main reason we started looking to come back to AL.

When I lived in PA my property taxes were close to $3000 a year; in AL they are $682 for similar size property. In addition, I sure don't miss the high natural gas bills. :smow:

Top Bottom