• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Didn't SCOTUS just ass rape the 9th Circut by overturning the injunction on President Trumps Travel Ban...? I'm not too worried now that the conservatives control SCOTUS.

The 9th circuit is the most overturned appeals court in the country. A full 80% of the 9th circuit's cases taken up by SCOTUS are reversed or vacated.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Didn't SCOTUS just ass rape the 9th Circut by overturning the injunction on President Trumps Travel Ban...? I'm not too worried now that the conservatives control SCOTUS.

Although the talk in the media is we have a conservative supreme court that is just not true yet. Think about it, there are 4 committed leftists, Kagen, Sotomayor, Breyer and Ruth Buzzie Ginsburg. This 4 will do ANYTHING to push their "progressive" (read communist) agenda through. There are 2 known conservatives, Clarence Thomas and Sam Alito. There is 1 new justice, Gorsuch who everyone thinks will be a conservative justice in the mold of the man he is replacing, Antonin Scalia but this will only be proven out over time. If we allow that yes he will probably be an originalist like Scalia that makes 3 we can count on. Next up is Kennedy, he has shown over the years that he goes both ways... Generally speaking in fiscal matters he sides with the conservatives and on social issues he sides with the activists on the left. So that leaves chief justice Roberts. He has shown his stripes to be very much like Kennedy although in my opinion even worse since it was his decision that stuck us with obamacare.

Taken all together the court has 4 activist commies, 3 conservatives (allowing that Gorsuch will be as good as we hope) and 2 that go either way. Yes, on some issues primarily fiscal, most likely Kennedy and Roberts will side with the conservatives so in that respect the court can be said to lean right but on any "social issues" it still looks to easy for the 4 libs to have Kennedy and even possibly Roberts go with them so no, I do not see how the conservatives control the court. In order for this to happen we need President Trump to appoint 2 more justices. Rumor has it that Kennedy may retire although I do not see it happening this year, hopefully next year. Then if President Trump appoints a true conservative we will have 4 commies, 4 conservatives and still have Roberts who can go either way. For the court to truly be a conservative court one of the 4 activists must go also. The best bet for that is Rurh Buzzie Ginsburg or Breyer, both are old and although I doubt either will voluntarily retire while a Republican is President anything can happen at their ages. We can only hope and pray!

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Ginsburg doesn't even know where she is half the time. She thought Lindsey Graham was a woman.
    There needs to be a mandatory retirement age.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In DC vs Heller: Majority was Scalia, Roberts, Thomas, Kennedy and Alito. With Gorsuch replacing Scalia odds still favor SCOTUS origional intent of the Constitution and Bill of Rights, However, the Heller decision did in part leave the door open for future restrictions. Remenber this is almpost the same Court that changed the wording from the Gov's usage of the word "Fine" defined in Gov's definition as a Penalty for non compliance and CHANGED IT to "Tax" assessing a fair share tax payment when not in compliance with the Gov mandate to have appropriate coverage.. SCOTUS decision then determined the Gov could lawfully impose a Tax and left the majority of obama care intact and Lawful. SCOTUS is only charged with interpreting existing Laws not rewriting them to a lawful standard. This was no different then a Boxing Referee throwing a KO punch at the guy in red trunks and declaring the boxer in blue trunks the winner. SCOTUS Jurists should have been impeached but with the dems/libs having political power at the time, nothing happened.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ginsburg doesn't even know where she is half the time. She thought Lindsey Graham was a woman.
    There needs to be a mandatory retirement age.

Lindsey Graham's not a woman???:heh:

Next I suppose you'll be telling me he's a Republican...

Top Bottom