• ...and so much more!
  • Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yes- I made up for it though. We have one in the living room, one in the master bedroom and even my son had a little one in his room. :)

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Best Christmas Tree Ever! My Mom sent it in a care package with crackers, mini sausage roll, short bottle of wine, and that single tiny five prong Fir branch. All the members of the Crew/TEAM rolled a tiny ornament from a gum wrapper, we each shared the crackers & sausage, a small Christmas Toast, a short prayer, then we buried it all in the Kuwait Sand and trudged on through the Oil Smoke to the next hot spot that needed INFIDEL's to ensure FREEDOM. GMA was freaking out this year, none of the kids/grandkids could be here day after Thanksgiving to assemble & decorate THE TREE. It's all about the gathering, not the symbolism. JMHO. (The Best Prepared Most Expensive Gourmet 7 Course Meal Alone, doesn't compare to stale crackers shared with a friend's or family)

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Best Christmas Tree Ever! My Mom sent it in a care package with crackers, mini sausage roll, short bottle of wine, and that single tiny five prong Fir branch. All the members of the Crew/TEAM rolled a tiny ornament from a gum wrapper, we each shared the crackers & sausage, a small Christmas Toast, a short prayer, then we buried it all in the Kuwait Sand and trudged on through the Oil Smoke to the next hot spot that needed INFIDEL's to ensure FREEDOM. GMA was freaking out this year, none of the kids/grandkids could be here day after Thanksgiving to assemble & decorate THE TREE. It's all about the gathering, not the symbolism. JMHO. (The Best Prepared Most Expensive Gourmet 7 Course Meal Alone, doesn't compare to stale crackers shared with a friend's or family)
    Well said . Your team means everything . We walk thru hell for each other .

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well said . Your team means everything . We walk thru hell for each other .
    We walk through Hell Together, but should you fall along the path it's what we do for your Loved Ones, that we do for each other. JMHO. I owe this lesson to an AWC that was my spotter. Sad tales to be told via PM's NavCorman if you are truly interested.

Last edited:

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    We walk through Hell Together, but should you fall along the path it's what we do for your Loved Ones, that we do for each other. JMHO. I owe this lesson to an AWC that was my spotter. Sad tales to be told via PM's NavCorman if you are truly interested.
    Pm inbound.

SUPERLITE69

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The more comments I see from you, the more I like you.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I really don't care, ole lady has 1 in the living room, a 2nd on the porch. Hell, she's so mean nobody comes to our house.
    I have a breakfast appointment my son's family on the 26th, I haven't bought any gifts, but will get to take them shopping! I won't have to guess for 8,11 & 13 year olds. Get this; I wanted to buy my grandson Vans skate shoes for his last birthday, daughter-in-law talked me into some lame backpack, I see them a few weeks later and he's sporting the same shoes! I won't be sharing my ideas with her again

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We did last week. Went to lowes, they were higher priced. But, yes it's Christmas. Picked one still wrapped in netting. Wifey wanted to see it,I said No. It will be what it is. That's the secret and spirt of the season.
    Turns out to be one of the better trees we ever picked out..
    20221204_165051.jpg

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

This is the truth.I hate to say it but the symbolism feels more shallow and commercial with every year that goes by and I wouldn't bother if it weren't for kids and grandkids. I do it for them and hope they have some decent Christmas memories like I did as a kid.

Top Bottom