• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So IDPA is starting to interest me in both of course shooting, testing my own self, and also the networking of meeting new shooters. My question is I have a Glock 19 and really don't want to spend and arm and a leg for a set up (holsters, belt, etc). What would y'all shooters recommend for a beginner setup but something that won't be trashed after a few matches.... If I am explaining this correctly just something quality without breaking the bank. I would like to stay under $100 if that is possible..... Just something to start off with and be able to grow on.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Your g19 and 3 mags would be just fine. A solid belt to carry a simple but effective holster and a mag carrier or two. I started out with some fobus stuff but 90% of my rigs now are Jogan made.
    Edit: Emerald Coast Concealment now, sorry
    Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Someone would probably loan you a G19 holster to test drive so you can see what the options are. I can't help because I don't have a glock and I shoot left handed. I have a handful of Emerald Coast Concealment holster and John could definitely make a G 19 holster for you for under $100. If you show up with your gun and some ammo I'm sure someone can hook you up for your first match.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For $100 I can set you up with a holster and 2 mag pouches. I also have demo's available for the g19 and also for the glock mags. Let me know when you're ready to come shoot with us and I'll bring em along.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have an Emerald Coast Concelment G19 holster and mag pouches you can borrow, to see if you like them. 3 mags, a sturdy belt and some sort of concealment garment (button up shirt, vest, etc) and you'll be good to go.

Top Bottom