• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I blame my losses on Shootinstarz. I don't care what maritime law says about non powered boats having the right of way. Rick held to his principles though. A canoe is no match for a shrimping trawler.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    what guns?

I have only a 100 yr old double barrel with no firing pins...fireplace mantle piece only....

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have an inventory on PAPER ONLY. Includes an assigned number, date aquired, make, model, action type, serial #, cal, barrel length/type, metal finish, stock finish, optics, accessories/notes and date sold.
    This for me as well, along with a running round count for most of them, except I do have pics of each with SN visible on a thumb drive too.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I put mine on microfilm along with a list of everyone who has touched or for that matter even looked at my tube fed 22. Just cause I can't get fingerprints and since there's are already on it. I feel safe...

timc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I made a spreadsheet with make, model, caliber, purchase date and price. Also, include accessories, lights, sights, scopes, etc on the inventory sheet.
    I also have an inventory of magazines.

A couple paper copies here with me, in the safe and in my bag that leaves with me in the event of hurricane or evacuation.

My dad also has a copy of my inventory in case some thing happens at my house and I can't get to the list.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I agree with the hand written notes for keeping track of property.

Disclamer, I have never owned a gun, all photos I have posted where taken from the web and or photo chopped. Any gun stories were fabricated for entertainment purposes only. The safe I may have bought was used only to hold ObamaLama and Hillary campaign support memorabilia.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I blame my losses on Shootinstarz. I don't care what maritime law says about non powered boats having the right of way. Rick held to his principles though. A canoe is no match for a shrimping trawler.

Hey, it was YOUR idea to go canoeing in the shipping lanes !

RH

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    If I ever buy a gun, I will keep the make, model, caliber, serial number, price paid, current value, where I got it and, if I sell it, who I sold it to on an Excel spreadsheet and a hard copy at home and at work. But I doubt I ever will so I don't have to worry about it.

Steve@JCA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been quietly lurking here. Jotting down names & locations so I can update my list, which is hand-scrawled on bark with charcoal, adding you fine folks names in the "sold to" column for each of my firearms. Once enough of you chine in that I have enough "customers" to have proof I sold all my guns, the list will go back into it's 5-gallon Home Depot bucket, that will then be double wrapped in heavy-duty trash bags & then I will tote it back out behind the horse barn, where it will be buried deep within the manure pile again.

Been doing it this way for years now & it seems to be a very secure system. No one has ever stole the list, or any of the other valuables I keep in the HD bucket. Finally stopped buying new guns though . . . . . . . because it's just such a pain in the butt to update my list. :shocked:

Top Bottom