• Do you mostly buy new or used ammo?

• Never used ammo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chip5244

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I watch and read the ammo for sale and I'm constantly baffled that almost every listing for ammo is ALWAYS overpriced! Does no one do their research before making an ammo listing? You know ammo is really a depreciating asset. Unlike guns that are "mostly" made in limited quantity (Glock may be an exception, haha) ammo is made everyday and by the billions!

As an example and using ammoseek, anyone can easily find the selling price of 9mm, right now about .20 cents per round (some free shipping) that is newly made remanufactured. But for some reason "you" think your 9mm purchased 15 years ago and stored only you know how, is worth .30-.40 cents per round. I just don't get it....

I know anyone reading this has a large quantity of ammo so I'm preaching to the choir here but damn its madding to see people trying to sell paw-paws 1950 30-30 for $2 per round cause it must be worth that because the neighbors friend told them so and they know because they collect old cars and they go up in value every decade.

Ok, rant off and stepping off my soap box....but seriously guys do your homework before selling ammo.

Last edited:

jugdish

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I watch and read the ammo for sale and I'm constantly baffled that almost every listing for ammo is ALWAYS overpriced! Does no one do their research before making an ammo listing? You know ammo is really a depreciating asset. Unlike guns that are "mostly" made in limited quantity (Glock may be an exception, haha) ammo is made everyday and by the billions!

As and example and using ammoseek, anyone can easily find the selling price of 9mm, right now about .20 cents per round (some free shipping) that is newly made remanufactured. But for some reason "you" think your 9mm purchased 15 years ago and stored only you know how, is worth .30-.40 cents per round. I just don't get it....

I know anyone reading this has a large quantity of ammo so I'm preaching to the choir here but damn its madding to see people trying to sell paw-paws 1950 30-30 for $2 per round cause it must be worth that because the neighbors friend told them so and they know because they collect old cars and they go up in value every decade.

Ok, rant off and stepping off my soap box....but seriously guys do your homework before selling ammo. BTW, I will have a LARGE quantity of ammo for sale soon. Closing an estate in about a month that had about 350 guns and 100K of ammo. So get your checkbooks ready because I'm selling to sell.
    I'm looking forward to you listing the 9mm at 0.20 cents per round.

chip5244

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I watch and read the ammo for sale and I'm constantly baffled that almost every listing for ammo is ALWAYS overpriced! Does no one do their research before making an ammo listing?
    The only time anyone should be buying overpriced ammo is if there is some kind of crisis and prices are up and they have failed to properly prepare ahead. But if they have properly prepared ahead in the first place, they won't run into this issue.... Stack 'em deep, stack 'em cheap. Or pay later.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    And here it is at .14
    If you read the reviews, the first business listed sounds like a scammer. The 2nd are reloads. The third, I’ve never heard of that brand.
    I’m happy when I find Blazer Brass on sale for $12 or $13 a box at Academy.
    Usually when I find it cheaper online the shipping kills the deal.
    But I don’t shoot as much as a lot of you guys.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Senojeelnodnarb

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    If you go to check out is $18 shipping for one box. $30 for 10 boxes. Please god, throw some new 9mm ammo for cheap on the forum, I'll even pick it up at your doorstep.

Top Bottom