If you had $1,000 to spend on a AR...............

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The lower is really quite irrelevant, as long as it's a quality metal and within spec. People have made them out of plywood, and they work just fine. Even Frank's plastic ones work, but most have enough common sense to skip plastic for an HD gun. Gas system installation, quality of bcg and proper dimensions in the upper and barrel are what really counts.
    On a high end AR, you're paying for features, aesthetics, high quality materials, and consistency in assembly. The latter two of which have a direct impact on reliability.

What he said!

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I actually built and own the gun. An RRA upper/lower with a match trigger, A-2 rifle stock, a Lothar Walther 18" SS barrel with 1-8 twist and a matched bolt, a long free float handguard and an adjustable gas block. I changed out the trigger for a White. By the way Dan the original XM-16E1 had a loose ass lower/upper fit and it was a SOB to shoot in a match, been there done that. Course jumping with them in a rifle pouch or case did not help the fit very much either.
    Ed

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Remember over priced does not mean better quality, just that you spent too much! Some people drive chevy's but other have to show off in a Caddy...same truck, just overpriced...LOL

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Remember over priced does not mean better quality, just that you spent too much! Some people drive chevy's but other have to show off in a Caddy...same truck, just overpriced...LOL
    Smooth magnetic suspension, more powerful engine, better headlights, better speakers, nicer to look at, more features overall.

Just like Hillary and Kate Upton are the same gender and have the same basic parts layout and you can do the same things with both. Yeah, but, ewww!

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    You know what guys, I'm gonna save my money, so I won't go to Sammy's tonight. I'll have my mom give me a lap dance. She's a woman...

Thanks JC

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You know what guys, I'm gonna save my money, so I won't go to Sammy's tonight. I'll have my mom give me a lap dance. She's a woman...

Thanks JC

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that...

Anyway, back on topic, gents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    haha right after I posted it Dante text me. I'm probably going to swap the stock and get a 14.5 pinned barrel for it. I also need you to sell me that eotech you have on yours lol.
    Then I'd have to replace it with an eotech 556 and the used one just sold....I'm cheap that way.
    No reference to lap dances...

Top Bottom