Target Sports

Ideas on How to Write a GOOD For Sale Ad !

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    NIB used water bottle $900 OBO firm
    I will meet half way I'm in Tennessee

From The Deep Woods

Sounds about right..LOL..I love "window" shopping the for sale section..the prices kill me..if I see something I like I then go directly online to find it $50-100 cheaper if not more brand new..some of u members have great collections with some hard to find items..if that's the case sell it for whatever others will buy it for..but the LNIB or NIB for MSRP always makes me laugh..really is comic relief for a bad day..but mine has a holster!!!!!...good for u..I'll buy the gun and holster for less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sounds about right..LOL..I love "window" shopping the for sale section..the prices kill me..if I see something I like I then go directly online to find it $50-100 cheaper if not more brand new..some of u members have great collections with some hard to find items..if that's the case sell it for whatever others will buy it for..but the LNIB or NIB for MSRP always makes me laugh..really is comic relief for a bad day..but mine has a holster!!!!!...good for u..I'll buy the gun and holster for less

^^^^^ This times 100. LNIB isn't freaking new anymore. If anything it's lightly used and no longer "new". Yeah some people will pay a bit more so they don't have to go through the whole FFL hassle. I know one thing I can get a g19 Gen4 for 439.00 OTD at jimmys in FWB (my buddy at work just bought one). Yes it's with a military discount but there are a lot of LE and Mil active/retired on this site. So no I'm not gonna buy your LNIB for 550.00 cause it comes with all the glock stuff it should come with. Just saying.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've said it before..and I kno the OP wasn't strictly talkin price so I apologize..but I think some members here must work part time at Gander or Academy to use the discount just to resell guns...........really not a bad idea I guess

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I agree with you guys to a point about people selling used guns above MSRP for new ones.
    BUT, for those of you that are eligible for blue label pricing, I'm not going to price mine to beat that because I am not eligible and neither are a lot of people so you are not my target buyer.
    Look at it like this - since you bought blue label for $439, when you sell it, are you going to ask $350?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well it is funny as I google a lot of things I see advertised and most times the prices listed on Google are less $. They are pricing off the inflated price they paid or full boat retail. Folks if you own it, it is a USED gun, no longer NIB and from a dealer. Your barska or Nstar scope have NO value, the adds you put on are not worth the new price to a buyer. You paint it or modify so the warranty is 0 the gun may be worth 1/2 of regular price.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well it is funny as I google a lot of things I see advertised and most times the prices listed on Google are less $. They are pricing off the inflated price they paid or full boat retail. Folks if you own it, it is a USED gun, no longer NIB and from a dealer. Your barska or Nstar scope have NO value, the adds you put on are not worth the new price to a buyer. You paint it or modify so the warranty is 0 the gun may be worth 1/2 of regular price.

Wait Frank u can hate on the way ads r wrote or wrong but u get NO say in people asking retail for used guns since u r the KING at it!!!! BOOOM

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yes Stan, i do get fair prices on the things I sell BUT or BUTT please notice most were to fund or partially fund builds for wounded veterans I was giving away! I don't see many other doing that! as a truth in advertising footnote I was a bit high during the panic but it was a fair price at the time.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not defending anyone's prices, but if people pay it then shame on them. This is a free enterprise system. If you don't like the price then you don't have to buy it.

As to the whole blue label pricing. If I had a gun and used it for a few years and then decided to sell it, I would sell it for fair market value. The AR I have listed for sale right now is for 1100. I have over 1500 into it. Am I upset that I can't get what I paid, no, why is that? Because things go down in value not up. I know this and price my items I sell for what I think is a fair price.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How about a general understanding between the words 'sale' and 'sell' ... That would make me happy.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How about a general understanding between the words 'sale' and 'sell' ... That would make me happy.

Look Clay showed up! Hey when we gonna go hunting? We could do a fire SALE.....

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

are you talking abot missenunciation, or the fact that it is for "sale" and not "Sold" ie: sell? both are funny BTW.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've only sold two firearms on here. Got basically what I wanted. On one I did get a potential buyer PMing me several times with lowballs and a lot of strange reasons as to why I had to sell it to him at a deep discount. I had a good time playing chess with him but it didnt piss me off. Hey, I don't blame him for trying as long as he doesn't cop a 'tude when I gave him just as bogus a pile of reasons why mine was actually worth double what I was asking. I think its a fun game but its my choice whether to sell or keep and his choice whether to buy or move on. Its your responsibility as a buyer to determine what something is worth and what youre willing to pay.

That's not to say that people should rip each other off. I just don't see it happening here. If I had a beat to death Glock and posted it for $800 I seriously doubt the ad would be up more that 10 minutes without a flurry of comments and questions and illustrations of what that gun should sell for. In other words I think we all police each other pretty well.

At the same time if you see an ad for a gun and you think its $25 too high feel free to PM the seller if you are interested and discuss it. Publicly posting in a condescending tone about it is rude. I guess that's the part that gets me sometimes. My gun ad is not put out there for you to show your vast knowledge or stellar wit. If its a serious bit of advice or you think someone is being unreasonable its worth a PM, not a reason to get snarky.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lot's of good stuff said here, and yes Sawman, there was a day when your word meant more than your money, thoese were great days, but seem to be fading fast, sad to say. I like to think I am a man of my word and always try my best to be, if I say I will be there at 5:00, I am there by 4:45 and waiting 9 out of 10 times. If I feel the need to talk you down to my price, it is generally done by PM of phone call, but if I get there to see a worn out gun that you said was great or trying to pull a slick deal, I will walk and not care what you might think of me, I see it as you tried to slick ole willie first off, and more than likely never deal with you again. I have bought a few broke guns from members too, and took it as a lesson learned, fool me once........ Now on the "I'll Take it" if it is a good ad and described honestlly there should be no problem, I have had lots of lookie lou's, and understand that buyers remorse may set in before you get the deal done, and usally don't hold it against anyone if they don't drag me across town. But I always make it known in the ad if it is an older gun / wall hanger or parts gun, I guess folks still expect a little hope they can polish up a pig?? Always remember Honesty will get you twice as far and twice as fast, a quick buck usally don't last very long.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Clay I want to sale you a gun...I have been wondering if that is a auto correct as I am seeing it more often...the old I seen you at Walmart always tells me something about the speaker.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Someone on here posted a picture of an AR they were selling in there liveing room with there easy chair, computer and big screen tv in the back ground. It was just as they had described in another post one time talking about how they spent there evenings.

I think that was an 308. Talk about clutter.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If the item you're selling is also listed elsewhere, I think it's a good idea to mention that fact in the ad in order to avoid any misunderstandings. I had an occasion in which I listed a gun on several forums as well as GunsAmerica and when I checked the next day there were two "I'll take it" on different forums. Of course I went by the time stamp and explained the situation to the second buyer and he was cool with it. But if he had made a stink about it I could have reminded him it was listed elsewhere and given him the link to the forum where the first buyer beat him to the punch.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I'm not real fond of the practice of people showing up only when they are selling something either.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Great thread. Allow me to recap what i've picked up.

Buy high, sell low
    An "I'll take it" is a maybe
    A misleading representation when selling something makes the buyer a dirt bag
    A "pending inspection" means you can't change your mind, unless someone drops price fifty bucks
    A PM is the weasels way of torching everyone interested
    If someone backs out of an I'll take it, it doesn't matter if represented in a misleading way, just that you back out
    Some people are entitled to new price, some are not
    Age doesn't matter
    Its the age that matters
    Condition is everything depending on price
    Condition doesn't matter depending on price
    Your word is your bond
    your word is as good as money
    Money is a bond
    Your word doesn't mean squat if you back out
    If you squat your word might sound funny
    Don't talk while squatting
    Integrity is not mentioned